• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hiding primary server identity in email for other domains using qmail

M

matterthanhell

The way that I understand it using Plesk, psa-qmail runs mail services for all domains hosted on a VPS. This means that you can have a default domain such as domain1.com and, running BIND, have nameservers such as ns1.domain1.com and ns2.domain1.com hosted on a VPS. With this VPS, you can also host other domains with either shared or exclusive IP addresses with their own DNS zones using the nameservers of domain1.com. Mail service for domains such as domain2.com and domain3. com is performed by psa-qmail with server name of domain1.com (ie, SMTP greeting and mail header info).

Will psa-qmail allow you to hide the default server name (domain1.com) and use server names (names such as mail.domain2.com) for the respective domains when handling mail for each domain? In effect, domain1.com, while 'doing the work', remains hidden behind the scenes

I have been told that Plesk 7.5 does not offer this functionality, but with Plesk 8's release, maybe someone can give me some insight on its future availability...

Thanks,

Matt

I have the same problem. In the emailheader instead the domain IP appear main IP of the server. How can I solve the problem?

Back