• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

High Apache memory usage PP 11.5

Have you tried to find in horde logs what may be cause of this horde behaviour?

Actually I talked to fast.
The apache memory started to climb up again.

I can't find the reason, all the logs seems to be normal..

Actually this is what is happening: apache process spawn many and many times leading to saturation of the memory.

When I do changes on the PHP settings, the memory consumption drops and then suddenly after few hours starts to climb again..

Hi,
I've the same problem too.
Apache memory usage gets high until I restart the service or reboot the machine, so I run happy for three days and after that the problem starts again.

My setup is pretty standard with apache default modules installed, I'll be very gratefull for any suggestion or fix.
Thanks!

Andrea

Ok since yesterday I have lowered the Apache memory usage to 2%.
First of all, I think I have identified the virtual host that was causing the problem: I blocked the access from China, Russia and Poland on that virtual host and the memory started to get lower.

After that, I changed all PHP processing from "Apache module" to "Fast-CGI": now it's about 15 hours I have 2-2.2% of memory usage.

Will keep you posted.

Seems to work

I managed to lower the Apache memory usage simply disabling Horde (which I don't use).
When I have disabled it, memory has lowered from 22.5% to 8%.

This seems to have worked for me too. Reduced apache memory from 25.5% to 3.4%, thanks!

Last edited:
Ok something else...

Yea, this hasnt worked. It seemed to but now memory has shot up to 50%!!
Will try the FastCGI method and let you know...

Apologies for repeat posting. I think my solution was to simply disable the watchdog extension (home>extensions>watchdog), I did this about 8hrs ago and my apache memory reduced back down to 2.5% and now seems stable. Is this a bug with watchdog? I am also using FastCGI which is odd as this is meant to use more memory...

Back