• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue High disk usage

ismail el moussati

Basic Pleskian
Hi folks,

I am using Plesk 17017, Centos 6.7 recently i receive warning of disk usage i have a disk of 20GB, space free only 720MB, my websites use only 8GB, Is that logical Plesk uses 12 GB of space :eek: ?

If not how i can remove log files ? how i can remove cache ? is there any tool to manage the disk space ?

Yours,

Plesk Onyx should have at least 10 GB for its own files. A 3 GB temporary (/tmp) partition or directory is recommended. This leaves 7 GB on your 20 GB setup for customer files. You are in a zone where it still works, but your disk space is simply too small.

You can try to run
# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/statistics --calculate-all
to run statistics. That will also do log rotation which can free up some space. But for a permanent fix you must expand your disk space.

Good evening, thank you for your reply.

I would like to add new SSD to my VPS, how i can then connect it or setup plesk to detect the new SSD hard drive ? Or automatically it will be detected by Plesk ?

Thank you, once again

You are saying VPS? So it is a virtual server in a container, why not simply expand the disk space definition of the container? It is something your provider does for you, e.g. when you upgrade your hosting plan. I have doubts that a separate drive can be added to a virtualization from within a container.

Back