• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Issue High Load on imapd Maildir

armanmisdar

New Pleskian
Hi Guys, lately I notice my VPS server is crawling. It takes too long to load the control panel or any website hosted in it. Doing iotop command shows there's a high load on "imapd Maildir" process (refer to the attachment).

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.42

Any advice on how I can fix or reduce the load?

Thank you

Attachments

• email-issue.png
    email-issue.png
    144.4 KB · Views: 10
Do lsof -p <pid> (example: lsof -p 8048) on the imapd process to figure out which Maildir it is (which mail address) and then investigate the maildir of that address. Maybe there are thousands of mails in that mailbox?

You seem to be using Courier-IMAP instead of Dovecot. From my personal experience I can tell you that the performance of Courier-IMAP is much worse than Dovecot. So you may consider switching to Dovecot, but please be aware that this needs careful planning and preparations:

Back