• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue High memory usage caused by the "mysqld" process

In this case, I usually use "mysqltuner.pl" (http://mysqltuner.pl,
major/MySQLTuner-perl) script that helps to better understand what maximum memory usage is possible (and what else could be tuned).

As it is a Plesk forum with community, there are my personal suggestions that could help to investigate the problem by yourself. I am interested in improving Advanced Monitoring and monitor any interesting cases and questions about it :)

I sure Vladimir will contact you to resolve the ticket because it is a separate workflow from the forum.

Unfortunately the issue is still there and MySQL memory usage continues to grow (now is over 2.2GB... 100MB every single day with no excessive traffic/use on the websites):
2020-10-14_11-06-07.png

Your payment technical support give me the suggestion to use mysqltuner (they don't offer assistance about configuring and adjusting MySQL settings)... so, could you explain me the instructions "for dummies" to install this script?
Is safe to install it on a production server?
When I'll have finished to monitoring is necessary uninstall it?

Thanks.

I think that's not a terminate-and-stay-resident type of software. But more important: It is read-only. So even if it is run in the background, you can kill its process at any time without having any effect on the database operations. It logs in to your database (and needs privileges for that), to continuously read the performance value from your database engine. From that data it can display the "maximum" usage or typical usage to give you clues what you can tweak to enhance the performance.

When you scroll through the Github page of the project, you will find a good documentation, FAQs and examples. It is not possible to repeat all of that here, it's simply too much information.

Back