1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

!!HIGHPRIORITY!! : Plesk 9.2.1 // IIS 7 // ISAPI_Rewrite 3 don't work successfully

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Issue, Fixes, How-To' started by RogerH, Sep 11, 2009.

1. RogerH

RogerH Guest

Hi there

We really really urgent need your help! We got a new Webserver and out old Server is running out tonight. We need to fix some problems with the rewrite; since we can't use mod_rewrite like apache do.

Now I tried to install ISAPI_Rewrite 3 on my IIS 7 Webserver running with Plesk 9.2.1. But it won't work. The .htaccess-file won't work when I visit the page. Here some details:

Running OS: Windows Server(R) Web 2008 Service Pack II x64
    Running Parallels Plesk Panel version: 9.2.1
    PLESK-OS-Data: Microsoft Windows 6.0; build-6002; sp2.0; suite1296; product3
    Helicon ISAPI_Rewrite 3: Licensed!

- The directory c:\...\ISAPI_Rewrite3\ got enough permissions for Users psaadm, psacln and psaserv. Recoursively.
    - The directory c:\...\vhosts\mysitedir\ got enought permissions too, for same users and for the user "Plesk IIS WP User)
    (got the tipps on several sites including heliontec's forum (support isnt reachable)).
    - the dll files are included in the IIS Isapi-navigationpoints. But it dont seems to work. To test we have following syntax for the ISAPI_Rewriter:

.htaccess
    RewriteEngine on
    RewriteRule (.+) http://newserver.com$1 [R=301,L]

httpd.conf
    RewriteLogLevel 9
    ErrorLog C:\...\ISAPI_Rewrite3\error.log
    RewriteLog C:\...\ISAPI_Rewrite3\rewrite.log

And now another question: Isn't there any any any possibility to running Plesk 9.2.1 under Windows Server(R) Web 2008 with IIS 7?

Hope we can solve this problem quickly.

Best regardings & thx for fast help

Roger Häcki

2. TheGodfather

TheGodfather Guest

where do i find IIS for windows server 2003 at?

3. jerry2

jerry2 Guest

Why don't you use the rewrite function of IIS7.0?