• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Problem with Temporary Plesk files in Windows Recycler

PeteSDG

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

We're running Plesk 10.4.4 on Windows 2008 R2

I'm noticing that the servers' C drive is constantly being filled up by Plesk dumping files into c:\Recycler

I've looked into the forums here to find a remedy to this and there are lots of unanswered posts about this (for example http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?278865-Plesk-puts-deleted-logs-to-C-Recycler)

Like in the post linked to, our Plesk sitemaintenance.dll file also contains "U n a b l e t o d e t e r m i n a t e w i n d o w s t y p e R e c y c l e r R e c y c l e r { 8 6 0 6 6 D 5 7 - 9 3 4 7 - 4 6 a 7 - B 4 D B - 9 7 1 D 9 E F 3 6 D 2 9 }" which is the name of the folder Plesk dumps its files into in c:\Recycler.

I'd like a resolution for this please, we cannot afford to keep having 30GB of data sat in that directory grinding the server to a halt.

Pete

Will anyone from Parallels be looking into this issue/bug?

I am having to remember to log into the server periodically and manually delete the files in this directory. It's a busy server so this directory fills up very quickly and grinds the server to a halt.

Have you noticed this issue on latest Plesk 11.5.30 version?

We are not using 11.x

We have 3 x Web Servers (web content only) with 1200 approx domains. We're not looking to upgrade at the moment in case it causes a problem with the sites running on them with regards to ASP and PHP. Also changing the subscriptions so that they comply with the new security measures would be a nightmare (which we had to do on our mail server when you forced upgrades from Panel 9 to 11!).

For anyone finding this when searching for the Recycler filling up issue.
The fix HERE>>> http://kb.odin.com/en/116394

Worked for us.
It stops the bleeding but DOES NOT cleanup the existing massive quantity of logs left out there.
I've posted in the suggestions/feedback requesting clarification if those files can "just be manually deleted" or if there is some cross references in the Plesk DB that would prevent that from being a safe solution.

Hope that helps someone out.

Back