1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Hitting Max Connections To Server

Discussion in 'Plesk 11.x for Linux' started by ChrisK2013, Jan 10, 2013.

1. ChrisK2013

ChrisK2013 New Pleskian

Hi,

I'm new here. I've just bought a VPS through 123-Reg in the UK and use Plesk 11 to control it.

I've set up 9 email accounts over three of my sites, but i'm getting that annoying:

"Unable to connect to your IMAP server. You may have exceeded the maximum number of connections to this server.".

I've reduced each of the max number of server connections to cache to "1", but i'm still getting the message most of the time.

I've done my research and saw that you "just have a look to /etc/courier-imap/imapd. there is MAXPERIP".

BUT I can't find this file anywhere, nor do I know how to use programs such as Putty to edit them. I'm new, but trying to learn.

Is there any easy way to do this through the Plesk panel (doubt it), or can I get a Parallel support person to do it for me :D

Many thanks in advance

Chris

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%