• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Hmailserver 5 compatibility

Plesk lists hMailServer as compatibility on their web page at url: http://kb.odin.com/en/1653

#1) Can you tell when a patch will come out that will allow the latest version of hMailServer (hMailServer 5.3.2 - Build 1769) to work with Plesk 9? If your going to advertise it then you should keep it current.

#2) Please put a warning that Plesk isn't compatible with hMailserver v5 (only hMailServer V4) on the above mentioned link. Do you have any idea of the issues and troubles you can cause by not keeping your compatible lists current and not providing the ability to use the latest version of software on your list?

#3) Since you have been advertising hMailServer as compatible then could you please hurry with a patch or temporary fix for now? So many Plesk users would be very happy with such a move on the part of Plesk.

I was about to install hMail server v5.3.2 to replace the Mail Enable standard edition, Which does not support IMAP (unless you want to pay $450 to upgrade). I have a VPS with less than 20 domains. Do you think it would be wise for me to spend $450 to upgrade Mail Enable for <20 domains? I'm just glad I posted on the hMailServer forums first.

Only the free open source hMailServer makes sence for allowing my clients access to a full featured mail server tat will support SMTP.

Thank you
redham

Hello,

it is more than half a year and an half that the feature request is queued...

Having an up to date mail server is critical to keep with the latest security fixes, spam protection and features. I can hardly understand how it seems to not be be considered as a higher priority by Parallels' Staff.

Well we understand that some ETA could not be given, but please may we get a confirmation that the request is or will be developed soon and released someday, and not just queued with a very low priority level?

At least if there is no hope of getting it done, I will seriously start considering some alternate solutions. And I don't mean mail servers, but control panels softwares...

Thank you in advance for the response.

I can confirm, that request under developer's investigation, but I have no any ETA when it will be supported.

I too am waiting for this option. I just migrated to Plesk from HELM as it was no longer supported at my data centre and now I can't use hmail 5 which I need for the imap. I'm going to have to downgrade to hmail 4 which seems wrong seeing that version 5 has been released for over a year now.

Back