• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hMailServer Spam Filter / Anti-Virus Settings

P

Patiek

Could someone tell me what the "external virusscanner" settings are supposed to be for the hMailServer?

The specific configuration I am referring to is in the hMailServer Administration panel under Settings > Protocol > SMTP > Antivirus > External Virusscanner tab .

Specifically, I need to know what the entire string for the executable path should be set to to have Plesk's hmailfilter.exe scan emails as well as what the return value for the hmailfilter.exe should be set to.

I cannot find any information regarding this in any of Plesk's documentation or knowledge database.

Bump, surely someone has hmailserver installed and can answer this question.

bump, again. Plesk has the worst forum of any control panel software creator that I have ever seen.

Hooray for spam bots!

For anyone that is interested, we ended up manually installing clamwin and then using the spamassassin that Plesk already had installed.

Thus, we setup hmailserver to use the internal / auto-detect AV (since it natively supports clamwin). Then we used hmailserver's scripts feature to plugin a vbscript that can hook onto the OnDeliverMessage() event (similar to below which is taken from http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22643#22643 ):
Code:
   fname = oMessage.filename
   Dim infile, testfile, sh
   Dim fso
   Set fso = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   If Not fso.fileexists(fname) then
      result.Value = 0
      Exit sub
   End If

infile = fso.getabsolutepathname(fname)
   testfile = infile & ".tmp"
   fso.CopyFile infile, testfile
   Set sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'CALL SPAMASSASSIN
   Dim cmd, rc
   cmd = "cmd /c perl -S -T -w spamassassin < """ & testfile & """ > """ & infile & """"
   rc = sh.Run( cmd , 0 , TRUE)
   result.Value = 0
   fso.Deletefile testfile
   Set fso = Nothing

Hooray for spam bots!

For anyone that is interested, we ended up manually installing clamwin and then using the spamassassin that Plesk already had installed.

Thus, we setup hmailserver to use the internal / auto-detect AV (since it natively supports clamwin). Then we used hmailserver's scripts feature to plugin a vbscript that can hook onto the OnDeliverMessage() event (similar to below which is taken from http://www.hmailserver.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22643#22643 ):
Code:
   fname = oMessage.filename
   Dim infile, testfile, sh
   Dim fso
   Set fso = createobject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
   If Not fso.fileexists(fname) then
      result.Value = 0
      Exit sub
   End If

infile = fso.getabsolutepathname(fname)
   testfile = infile & ".tmp"
   fso.CopyFile infile, testfile
   Set sh = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

'CALL SPAMASSASSIN
   Dim cmd, rc
   cmd = "cmd /c perl -S -T -w spamassassin < """ & testfile & """ > """ & infile & """"
   rc = sh.Run( cmd , 0 , TRUE)
   result.Value = 0
   fso.Deletefile testfile
   Set fso = Nothing

Can anyone tell me if this works and if webmail users can manage their own spam filtering?

Please can anyone help on this? I would like to know what return code I should be checking for for hmailfilter.exe?

Thanks

Ben

Back