• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde 3

W

wartek

Does anybody know when plesk will include horde 3? There are so many new features in horde 3 including theme management.....
the blue theme isnt really our way.
wartek

Someone mentioned on the forums that it's included in the next release ... I don't know how certain that is.

isnt pleask 4 out too? i mean another questionb does horde support real imap filtering?

Here some info from the beta 7.5.3

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.3 Beta build 75050420.20
===================================================
1. [*] IMP webmail version changed to 4.0.3.
2. [*] Horde version changed to 3.0.4.
3. [+] Optional Horde applications are added: Ingo e-mail filter rules manager, Kronolith calendar, Mnemo note manager, Turba address book.
4. [+] Site Preview supports POST & GET methods.
5. [+] It is now possible to transfer domains from one client to another using the control panel.
6. [-] Problem with mail name rename/password change is resolved.
7. [-] Files uploaded through anonymous FTP get proper owner.
8. [-] TTS mail gate ignores messages from MAILER-DAEMON.
9. [-] Game Server Module allows to use Steam accounts with '@' sign.
10. [-] Problem with MAPS spam protection when many zones are used is resolved.
11. [*] 'Take no action' option added and set as default in spam filter training.
12. [+] It is now possible to select partitions to store a dumps during migration.
13. [-] Mailing list is now turned on properly.
14. [-] Problem with incorrect admin e-mail in DNS zone in some cases is resolved.
15. [-] Problem with operating domains on XFS file system is resolved.
16. [-] Disk space used bu mailing lists with names with capital letters is now counted properly.
17. [-] MySQL DB users cannot list all databases names anymore.
18. [-] Problem with Client Application Pool page is resolved.
19. [-] Domain administrator can change his password.
20. [+] It is now possible to enable/disable Spamassassin support for mailbox using spamassassin.sh utility.
21. [-] Problem with Backup/Restore Utilities if IP is 15-symbols long is resolved.
22. [-] PostgreSQL databases are now created with ENCODING='UNICODE'.
23. [+] It is now possible to setup SSL and non-SSL host in the same directory.
24. [*] Qmail was patched to use local time in mail headers.
25. [+] maillist.sh utility supports encrypted passwords from now on.
26. [+] sftp-server is added in chrooted environment.
27. [-] AUTH CRAM-MD5 works.
28. [-] AuthPAM is disabled for ProFTPd to prevent problem with long logins.
29. [*] If PLESK_QUOTACHECK_OFF enviroment variable is not empty then quotacheck will be skipped during plesk installation.
30. [+] New OSs supported (CentOS 3.3 and SLES 9.0).
------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE!

What's new in Plesk v.7.5.3 Beta build 75050426.14
===================================================
1. [-] FrontPage Webadmin works properly.
2. [-] Domains with internationalized domain names are renamed properly.
3. [-] FrontPage over SSL support works properly.
4. [-] Many interface bugfixes.
5. [*] poppassd service is added into /etc/services during installation.
------------------------------------------------------------------
AND FROM CentOS 3.3:

30. [+] It is now possible to hide unused control panel controls.
31. [*] It is now possible to use passwords reminder for encrypted passwords.
32. [+] New OSs supported (CentOS 3.3, SLES 9.0 and Debian 3.1).

Regards,
Bart

great any ideas when the new plesk 7.5.3 will be release, bofore june 15th or not?

Ok looks nice .. But it's a real pity that CentOS / RHEL 4 isn't supported yet !

Shouldn't be THAT much work i guess.

ok so it will be possible to update to latest final then from teh plesk panel itself?

That IS possible .. allthough i prefer upgrading with RPM's ... The Plesk Updater sometimes is a bit buggy or fails.

The Plesk Updater sometimes is a bit buggy or fails

...and especially when it is Beta !

I prefer to wait until it's safe and tested by "pioneers", will watch the forum at least a week after the release. A year ago I was also so impatient and installed Plesk "warm from baker", which has cost me hours and days of bugfixing.

And if you look how much there will be changed in this update, you must know that every new feature will also bring new bugs into Plesk. They cannot test Plesk on every of our serverconfigurations, so the users have to find out and report (I think this will never change). Imagine they would have a server for each config, one with Postgresql...one without, one with installed Tomcat package...one without, one with ART's qmail-scanner...one without. Then do updates on all these individual configs (which might be hundreds) would be impossible. I never heard of a script or programm that automaticly checks, deletes, install, uninstall, reconfigure and update again all different kind of configurations untill it has passed all updates with null failures....(simulation-like). If this programm would exist, there wouldn't be any software with bugs.
First thing you will need when you "try" a beta is a rollback feature (uninstaller), and because Plesk do not have this feature, I will never try an early release again because restoring manually is painfull job.

Regards,
Bart

I remember the 'good old' days, when (as a developer) we did actually have dozens of test machines, each with different configs, and we (the authors) would actually do the testing. Back in the good old days, when we used to care about our reputations and the quality of our software. We viewed our creations as though they were children and were a direct reflection on ourselves...

One might ask, 'what changed?'. The simple answer is: GREED

Software companies decided to become greedy and money mongering.

Now most programmers are just trying to make as much money as possible in the shortest time.

Sad state of affairs, but then, if the purchasers would stop buying faulty software, it would send a clear message to the authors...... Supply and demand are wonderful aren't they????

Note: the problem is not just in the software industry, the hardware side is just as bad these days...

Theres no such thing as bug free code. Its complex, messy work, when you dont have people complaining about you not having the latest releases, they're complaining about bugs. One negates the other. You can get it better, faster, cheaper.. pick any two.

Sorry ART, I just re-read my post. I must have been having a really bad day.

I know from years of experience how hard it is to give bug free code, and dealing with clients demands. And dealing with supply/demand and competition forcing prices down. There have never been enough hours in the day to do everything.

Same in the hardware side (which I also did for many years).

I humbly apologize for my earlier post.

All I want is 'Much Better without being slower' and I would happily pay!

Back