• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Horde Active Sync does not work

-Do I understand right that if I add the EAS to a different domain like eas.domain.tld then the regular webmail login for the Horde still can remain the webmail.domain.tld?

Horde will still be at webmail.domain.tld, but when setting up in Outlook you'll enter eas.domain.tld as the server name.

-How about the autodiscover.xml file? Is it necessary or not? If yes, then how to create it?

You don't need to create it /autodiscover.xml in our setup is an alias of /usr/share/psa-horde/rpc.php

-The ActiveSync in Horde is enabled, but there's no check mark next to it. Shouldn't it be check marked as Application is ready?

Click Horde (horde) 5.2.6

The 5th option down, ActiveSync settings are in there under ActiveSync :)
I hope that's a bit clearer, any further questions post away
Regards

Lloyd

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
After failing to setup ActiveSync on the first server, I have now booked a new server (unbuntu 14.04 with Plesk 12.5) in parallel to my existing one in order to get EAS up and running with no pressure.
I have just used a standard domain to check. Prefork was checked in the Apache settings and php5 is ticked.
Now the autodiscover as well as the EAS test page will show a login form when entering the URL in a web browser.
Activesync is already enabled and can be configured through Horde.

But when I try to setup EAS in Outlook I get an error message that the user n ame or password was invalid although they are correct. The horde.shadow file is 755 chmodded already.

What else could be wrong?
At the end I do have a Horde related question. How can I transfer all Horde content from the old to the new server? The Plesk migration wizard only copies the IMAP mailboxes (which is nice) but no calendars, notes, etc.

Best regards
Onki

Hi onki,
have a look in your mail log and see if the "logging in process" gets to the mail server? /var/log/mail.log

As for the second question, you can export the Horde db with...
Code:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` horde > /path/to/backup/horde_dump.sql

And import it on the new server with...
Code:
# mysqldump -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow` horde < /path/to/backup/horde_dump.sql

Anyway, let me know what errors are thrown.
Regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for your help.
The mail log says nothing about the EAS try during Outlook setup.
The last enty I found was from Horde Webmeil when I logged in.

When I run the Active Sync URL I do get:
Trying to access the ActiveSync endpoint from a browser. Not Supported.
That means the rpc and stuff semms to work. Or not?

Update: I forgot to add some activesync items in the conf.php of Horde. Now it seems to work.
I will try to transfer my domains this weekend and will report if it works.

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Hi there,

Active Sync seem to be "active" on my server but it will not "Sync" with Outlook at the moment.
I can login when I create the new account in Outlook and login works so far (seen it in the mail.log) but once I have done that the account is shown in Outlook I can't access it anymore. It says not nonnected and no mails are beeing shown in the account. Sending mails is also not possible. Whenever I start Outlook It connects once sucessful but shows no content in the mailbox.
In Horde itself everythings works nicely.

Any idea what could be wrong. It shows this effect on different computers. Running Android mail client it says that the Exchange server address is invalid or the protocol version (14.1?) is not supportted through email.

Any idea what could be wrong? psa-horde.log is empty.

Best regards
Onki

Hi Onki,
This is ringing a bell with me, have you set up permissions in Horde for ActiveSync provisioning?
If I remember correctly a client had not set up this correctly, to test you can disable permissions in...

Horde > Settings > Administration > Configuration > Horde (horde) 5.2.6 > Permissions

If not, I'd turn on debugging in horde.
Let me know how you get on.
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi,

Provisioning is set properly for ActiveSync and all authenticated users.
The problem is that the clients do not show up in the list of Active Sync devices.

Best regards
Onki

Hi again,

I played around with the provisioning because this was mentioned in another thread here.
But the situation is still the same. Even the microsoft connectivivuity check works well (except the SSL certificate which is not valid).
But I cannot see any data in Outlokk and Android fails completely. No device is listed in the device list of Horde.
I have switched to Prefork in the general settings and php5 is ticked as well. The subdomain is now set to PHP 5.5 (provided by vendor). Is this correct or do I need to change something here?

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Hi Onki,
are you getting any errors in the eas.domain.tld error logs?
You haven't turned on serve static files by Nginx?

For the eas domain you can easily use the Lets Encrypt extension.
And you can use any PHP version for the eas domain, but only in fast-cgi though.

Have you turned on debugging? You have to change it in the General and logging tabs from what I remember.
Hopefully we'll get some info.
Regards

Lloyd

Hi again,
I got it a bit working.
The problem was in the hosting settings of my eas subdomain the PHP was running as FPM. I was sure to have it set to FastCGI but anyway.
After setting it back to FastCGI I can connect to the Activesync and my clients are registerd in the devices list (with not provisioned which is OK).
Contacts and Calendar is syncing but no email can be sent. Incoming mails are visible.

Any suggestion? Sending mails in Horde works like a charm.
SSL is no problem since I already got a StartSSL certificate for the final domain.

Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Hi Onki,
is there anything in the mail.log when you try and connect?...

/var/log/mail.log

Regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

This is kind of strange. When I send a mail to my Gmail account through Horde I get this in the mail.log:
Code:
Jun 21 17:11:25 lvps5-35-xxx-xxx postfix/smtp[27332]: 7E0197650: to=<[email protected]>, relay=gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com[66.102.1.26]:25, delay=0.78, delays=0.22/0.01/0.25/0.3, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (250 2.0.0 OK 1466521885 a73si4437993wma.36 - gsmtp)

Doing the same using outlook later I get this:
Code:
Jun 21 17:13:03 lvps5-35-xxx-xxx postfix/smtpd[27321]: NOQUEUE: reject: RCPT from lvps5-35-xxx-xxx.dedicated.hosteurope.de[127.0.0.1]: 454 4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Relay access denied; from=<[email protected]> to=<[email protected]> proto=ESMTP helo=<lvps5-35-xxx-xxx.dedicated.hosteurope.de>

It seems to be a probem with the name of the mailserver as it is not equal to the mail domain. Or am I wrong. Why does it work with Horde. I thought they use the same Postfix method.

Update: it seems to work now. I modified the horde conf.php file from:
Code:
$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'localhost';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 25;
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

to:
Code:
$conf['mailer']['params']['host'] = 'localhost';
$conf['mailer']['params']['port'] = 587;
$conf['mailer']['params']['secure'] = 'tls';
$conf['mailer']['params']['username_auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['params']['password_auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['params']['auth'] = true;
$conf['mailer']['params']['lmtp'] = false;
$conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

I think the problem could have been port 25 since many mailsservers expect it in ssl mode.
But I still don't understand why it worked in Horde itself since I changed the horde config.
Best regards
Onki

Last edited:
Hi Onki,
have you been manually editing the the horde config file? Or have you been doing it in the Horde interface?
It's much easier using the interface, all you have to do is add your email address to the admin array (in the config file), then you can set it all up, and generate a new config file for you to upload.

/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/config.php
PHP:
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('[email protected]');

Sorry I couldn't be more help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Hi Lloyd,

I have done this before with the result that Horde was not working anymore doing this from the Horde interface.
For some reasons the conf.php cannot be safed. I chmodded it to 755 but I don't know which user must be the owner.
In addition I usually get the
Code:
Database migration files not found. Please check PEAR's data_dir configuration setting.
error and I have no idea to get rid of that. Admin user was added when I first activated ActiveSync.
This is also required to do the provisioning rights.
All other programs like Kronolith etc. were configured in the same way by copying the resulting php code and pasting it into the config file using an editor.

I am not really keen on reinstalling Horde another time just because of the configuration.

Best regards and thanks again for your great support.
Onki

Hi again,

My test domain now works nicely with the new server and ubuntu/Plesk version.
I will migrate and switch my main domain this evening and hope to get the same there.
Horde database export works so far but I will do the final export before switching servers.

I keep my fingers crossed that everything works as with the test domain.
When everything works tomorrow i will mark this Thread as resolved.

If someone has a solution for the PEAR data_dir problem mentioned above I would be happy.

Best regards
Onki

Hi,

I finally managed to switch my last domain to the new server using the migration manager.
It was more or less without any problem, just the Horde database was a bit of a problem.
The problem was that every calendar item was "linked" to a user-ID which is different on the new server.
So a bit of playing with SQL commands solved the problem and all my calendar items are in the new database, but my special characters got lost and had to be modified as well.
My wife still misses her contacts but I am quite optimistic to solve this a well.
I hope SpamMagic does a good job since SPAM becomes more and more a nightmare.

Thanks for your support

Best regards
Onki

Hello,
i know it is a old Thread but i have a Problem, that i can send Mails but received not Mails.
eas protokoll show following:

Code:
2017-11-14 11:21:58 Access xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 200 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQkHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 2.30 K SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache 

2017-11-14 11:21:58 Error xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 500 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQAHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 782 SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache

2017-11-14 11:22:00 Access xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 200 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQkHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 856 SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache

2017-11-14 11:22:01 Error xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 500 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQAHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 782 SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache

2017-11-14 11:23:42 Access xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx 200 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQkHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 2.30 K SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache

2017-11-14 11:23:43 Error xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx500 POST /Microsoft-Server-ActiveSync?jQAHBBDJqDidqnZIbYMbJUjyPSu+BAAAAAALV2luZG93c01haWw= HTTP/1.0 UnbekanntUnbekannt 782 SSL/TLS-Zugriff für Apache

can you me help here?
I use Plesk with horde. I cant change peremissions under in Peremission in Horde.

Best Regards,
Robert Schmidt

Back