• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Horde ActiveSync

DwieDave

New Pleskian
Hello,
I was trying to enable Hordes ActiveSync Feature for the use with Outlook (Mail, Calendar & Contact Synchronisation) and I followed this instruction: http://www.stiftnet.de/activesync-mit-horde-einsetzen/ and everything seems to work (The Apache Forward (Alias) seems to work, and Outlook detects the domain as Exchange ActiveSync but it isn't syncing any content. In the bottom bar in Outlook I get a "disconnected" although the configuration was successful.
The Horde Log is empty and at this point I have no idea what I did wrong.
I have the Administration panel set up with my account and activated all the mentioned ActiveSync Features and enabled the permissions for provisioning etc.

The only error Message I'm getting is when clicking on the administration option a popup appears with the following content:

"Database migration files not found. Please check PEAR's data_dir configuration setting."

I am not sure what this means and why outlook isn't syncing anything..
It would be really nice if someone could help me solve this problem

Kind regards
David

UPDATE:

I saw this screenshot in another Thread:
activesync-png.10848

And noticed that I have way less Applications in Hordehorde.jpg
AS you can see the Horde_ActiveSync Application is missing...
How can I add this?

The only error Message I'm getting is when clicking on the administration option a popup appears with the following content:
"Database migration files not found. Please check PEAR's data_dir configuration setting."

This error got fixed by adding the pear.horde.org channel in pear and by upgrading all modules.

AS you can see the Horde_ActiveSync Application is missing...
How can I add this?

This was also fixed by upgrading Horde... I'm now able to see all modules. (incl. ActiveSync)
But Outlook is still not able to synchronize any content.

NOTICE: I'm aware that reply is not a good method but I wasn't able to edit the posts.

Hello Lloyd,
Thank you for your reply!
I've achieved it to work properly, but now I have 2 other issues.

Outlook detects the server as ActiveSync Exchange and synchronizes everything properly, but after an hour or more,
Outlook says that it is disconnected from the server and from there I'm not able to connect it again. (Only by deleting the account and re-adding it.)

EDIT: When adding the account in Outlook it says that names of the certificate (which is authorized to the name "Plesk" and not my domain.tld ... ) is it possible that the disconnect is triggered by this certificate incontinence?

The second problem is: I have to import many contacts (~1.300) and these contacts are in VCF Format.
Horde imports them properly but only a few (~100) [those are okay] but I get an Internal Server Error (500) during the import process.

Sadly the log doesn't give any information for that.

I hope you can help me.

Best regards
David

Last edited:
Hi David,

I notice that guide, doesn't mention setting any timeouts for the eas domain, you can browse to the eas domain in Plesk and set PHP max_input and max_execution time, most ActiveSync users seem to suggest matching this to the heartbeatmax of 2700.
Please note, setting the PHP settings will also add proxy_read_timeout in the nginx.conf for the domain.

For the import issue, you can adjust the Horde interfaces timeouts via...

/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/php.ini

Code:
max_input_time = 60
max_execution_time = 60

Is the default.

Now the SSL issue, you can install the Lets Encrypt Extension and use that to secure the eas.domain.tld, autodiscover.domain.tld, and domain.tld for free.
I think @trialotto mentioned a way to use it to secure the webmail.domain.tld.

I hope that helps
Regards

Lloyd

Last edited:
Hello Lloyd, thanks for replying

I notice that guide, doesn't mention setting any timeouts for the eas domain, you can browse to the eas domain in Plesk and set PHP max_input and max_execution time, most ActiveSync users seem to suggest matching this to the heartbeatmax of 2700.
Please note, setting the PHP settings will also add proxy_read_timeout in the nginx.conf for the domain.

I've set the mentioned values up to 2700, restarted Apache and started the import process again: And again I've got the 500 Internal Server Error.

EDIT: I measured the time how long the (non proper) import process takes: its around 45 Seconds.

Now the SSL issue, you can install the Lets Encrypt Extension and use that to secure the eas.domain.tld, autodiscover.domain.tld, and domain.tld for free.
I think @trialotto mentioned a way to use it to secure the webmail.domain.tld.

I used the LetsEncrypt Plugin to secure the domain.tld but I can only select created "Plesk"-Domains and not any subdomain...
Do I have to create a webmail.domain.tld and autodiscover.domain.tld ?
I thought that Plesk wouldn't like it because it sets the webmail acount automatically.

Or how am I supposed to add a LetsEncrypt certificate?

Best regards
David

Last edited:
This error got fixed by adding the pear.horde.org channel in pear and by upgrading all modules.

Hi,

I am having the same issue with the PEAR's data_dir. Can you describe in more detail how to get rid of this error?
With my server I am using a subdomain like eas.domain.tld and made a certificate with StartSSL (free incl 4 sub domains). This works nicely except Java does not accept StartSSL certificates.

Thanks
Onki

Have a read of this thread, it should help...

I guess it won't help....on LINUX....

I am also searching for some help to bing the only-50%-set-up-Horde in PLESK to a fully working state...but after hours of research here and in the www i just found fragments...

Same here. I am meaning the error message and then if you click on a link geting the 500 error message. I am on Strato virtual server ubuntu 14.04 with plesk 12, horde 5.2. Any update on this? Best, c--

Back