• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde admin email removed after each update

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
Plesk 12.0.18#14, CentOS6.5

in order to have a Horde admin email we open
/etc/psa-webmail/horde/horde/conf.php

and change
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array();
into
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('[email protected]');

Works fine. This change than reverses itself after every Plesk update incl micro updates.
Are we editing the right file / is there an underlying one we should edit instead?
Cannot find a setting in Plesk itself to configure a Horde admin email.

Cheers,

Tom

Have you tried to configure Horde admin email directly from Horde interface?

Done the following:

Created admin email as above and logged in. Option > Administration - Users sais "Adding users is disabled. Your authentication backend does not support adding users. If you wish to use Horde to administer user accounts, you must use a different authentication backend."

Going > Administration - Configuration - Horde - Authentication, I can edit the admin email address to another one; but to get as far as this I had to add it using the above method in the first place. The admin mail will still be deleted after the next update. Happend 4 times now.

Followed roughly older instructions on http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?82169-Configure-Horde-webmail

Would be grateful if you could point me in the right direction. Seems I'm missing something somewhere...

Last edited:
Did a manual update > tools & settings - upgrade/update last night to 12.0.18#15 last night (before once-a-week autoupdate came along). It did not reverse to previous file version but kept the Horde admin email in place. Same behaviour on both our servers.

Will post back after next autoupdate.

Autoupdate updated both our servers to 12.0.18#16 and the admin email was kept in place. Not sure what caused the initial problem.

Related:
Would it be possible to add above setting to "tools and settings - webmail" UI in plesk as a feature in case horde is used? Makes adding an admin email easier.

Back