• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Webmail 500 error after installing Plesk Premium Email

DeWillem78

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.7 (Stone Smilodon)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.48, last updated on Dec 9, 2022 10:14 AM
Hi!

Because I was looking forward to using ActiveSync on my Plesk server, I purchased a license for Premium Email and installed the addon. At first I was unable to log into Horde with username/password combinations that worked perfectly well before. Because Premium Email only works with Roundcube, I switched to Roundcube and then started getting 500 Internal Server Errors on webmail. IMAP(S) also doesn't work anymore. Uninstalling Horde changed nothing.

The server is running AlmaLinux 8.7 with all software up-to-date. PHP 7.4 and 8.1 are installed and listed in php_versions.json. I installed PHP 7.3 and 8.0 with the same result. I tried the following with no improvement:
plesk bin repair --restore-vhosts-permissions
plesk bin repair --update-vhosts-structure
plesk repair web

SSL check with OpenSSL works but doesn't show IMAP information as mentioned in the support article.

As for webmail in /var/log/messages I see this:
Dec 11 10:57:18 khonsu cgi_wrapper[48573]: can not find appropriate version of php ~ `fastcgi' in `/etc/psa/php_versions.json'

When trying to connect to IMAP, Thunderbird will show a cannot connect error. In /var/log/maillog I see:
Dec 11 10:36:38 khonsu dovecot[4309]: imap-login: Disconnected: Connection closed: SSL_accept() failed: error:14209102:SSL routines:tls_early_post_process_client_hello:unsupported protocol (disconnected bef
ore auth was ready, waited 0 secs): user=<>, rip=127.0.0.1, lip=127.0.0.1, TLS handshaking: SSL_accept() failed: error:14209102:SSL routines:tls_early_post_process_client_hello:unsupported protocol, session
=<rPCbH4rvkb5/AAAB>

And in /var/log/messages:
Dec 11 11:15:55 khonsu guam[850]: 11:15:55.483 [error] gen_fsm <0.3733.0> in state disconnected terminated with reason: no match of right hand value {{error,closed},true,<0.3733.0>,{[],[]}} in eimap:disconnected/2 line 140
Dec 11 11:15:55 khonsu guam[850]: 11:15:55.484 [error] CRASH REPORT Process <0.3733.0> with 0 neighbours exited with reason: no match of right hand value {{error,closed},true,<0.3733.0>,{[],[]}} in eimap:disconnected/2 line 140 in gen_fsm:terminate/8 line 623

What should I try next to get people to access their mailboxes again?

Cheers, Willem

With the help of Plesk support both issues with webmail and IMAP were solved. Auto discovery and ActiveSync now also work very well. Plesk support can be great although slow and challenging to reach when you get your license from a reseller.

Con la ayuda del soporte de Plesk, se resolvieron ambos problemas con el correo web e IMAP. El descubrimiento automático y ActiveSync ahora también funcionan muy bien. El soporte de Plesk puede ser excelente, aunque lento y difícil de alcanzar cuando obtiene su licencia de un revendedor.
hola, colo le hiciste para contactarlos?

@mayrals Could you please post in English so that most other forum members can understand and respond?

You are asking how to contact Plesk support. To sign-in to support please go to https://support.plesk.com

If you experience login issues, please see this KB article:

If you bought your license from a reseller, your reseller should provide support for you. If the reseller does not provide support, here is an alternative:

Back