• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde calendar reminders, invites

E

electronicfur

Hi,

On my server the PSA Horde calendar does not send any reminders. I have tried running the script /usr/share/psa-horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

It runs, but doesnt seem to send any reminders. I looked in the database and can see the events with reminders there.

Anyone know what needs to be done?

Another problem is that when I send an invite, when someone accepts or declines and I get their response and click ok on "Update respondent status" thenthe calendar doesnt seem to update the status.

Any help appreciated,

Cheers,
EF

Do other plesk users not have these problems?

Do your calendar reminders, and update notifications work ok?

Would be good for me to know if this is a usual problem or if it is just related to something specific on my installation.

Cheers,
EF

Just tested on both a test server and live one. Reminders - don't get sent. Update notifications / replies / updates to the event - work fine.

Thanks for the test ShadowMan, much appreciated.

From searching the horde maillists it appears you have to cron the reminders.php script to send reminders, but running that script doesnt seem to send any reminders for me. Guess I'll have to do a bit more debuggin of that script.

BTW on your server do the Update notifications actually update the event? I ask because on mine it sais it has updated the event, eg, a user accepting a meeting, but when I go in the calendar and check then event, it shows the user has not yet accepted.

Cheers,
EF

Yes, the events were updated properly. Have you checked to make sure that part is not related to browser caching?

Thanks for your help ShadowMan.

I worked out why the status was not being updated. This happens if the user sending the status does not have the reply-to set in their default identity. So now I just have to work out how to autopopulate the default identities for all my users.

Not figured out the reminder problem yet.

I get this error when trying to run php -q reminders.php:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: preg_replace() in /usr/local/psa/etc/psa-horde/horde/conf.php on line 36

I'm afraid I havent had time to look into it further.

Originally posted by kevin
has anyone got the kronolith reminders working yet?

Yes, it works without problems here...

I have a cron setup via Plesk with the following:

* * * * * /usr/local/bin/php -f /usr/local/psa/psa-horde/kronolith/scripts/reminders.php

It works :)

But!! You'r error suggest somethings pretty wrong with you PHP installation if it can't find the preg_replace() function.

Back