• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Horde default preferences

m3lezZ

Regular Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hello friends,

how can i change in the horde config/database the following parameter:

"default language to german 'DE'" - I found a plesk article for windows, i tried it in the horde configs but it doesnt work
"What application should Horde display after Login?" - Mail
"Move deleted messages to the trash"
"Empty trash Show entry in the menu bar"

I found this threat, but it didn't help me out

I know that it's possible to change this parameter in the Horde-Webmail, but i need them as default global setting.

Thanks for your replys.

Last edited:
Together with the Plesk support I have worked out some solutions.

I would like to share this with you at this point:

1. Deutsch as the default language (the option Preferences > Global Preferences > Locale and Time > Select your preferred language).
2. Mail as the default application (the option Preferences > Global Preferences > Display Preferences > What application should Horde display after login?).

Create the file:
Code:
/usr/share/psa-horde/config/prefs.local.php
Paste the following content:
PHP:
<?php
$_prefs['language']['value'] = 'de_DE';
Default language German you can edit the 'de_DE' with the language you want as default 'es_ES' for spanish as example.
Code:
$_prefs['initial_application']['value'] = 'imp';
Mail as the default application

3. Move deleted messages to Trash (the option Preferences > Mail > Deleting and Moving Messages > Move deleted messages to your Trash mailbox instead of marking them as deleted in the current mailbox?).
AND
4. Enable the option Display the "Empty Trash" link in the menubar (in the same menu as the previous option).

Add the following lines to the file:
Code:
/etc/psa-webmail/horde/imp/prefs.local.php

Code:
$_prefs['use_trash']['value'] = 1;
Move deleted messages to Trash
Code:
$_prefs['empty_trash_menu']['value'] = 1;
Enable the option Display the "Empty Trash" link in the menubar

Last edited:
Back