1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Horde error (RELAY LOCK)

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by DCNet_James, May 30, 2006.

1. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

Anytime someone tries to send email via Horde to an external address they get the following error:
    Error There was an error sending your message: unable to add recipient [jprice@someexternaldomain.com]: Invalid response code received from server

Which generates the following in the maillog:
    May 30 18:12:42 cartman imapd: Connection, ip=[127.0.0.1]
    May 30 18:12:42 cartman imapd: IMAP connect from @ [127.0.0.1]INFO: LOGIN, user=james, ip=[127.0.0.1], protocol=IMAP
    May 30 18:12:42 cartman relaylock: /usr/local/psa/qmail/bin/relaylock: mail from 127.0.0.1:54623 (localhost)
    May 30 18:12:42 cartman imapd: 1149030762.898686 LOGOUT, user=james, ip=[127.0.0.1], headers=0, body=0, rcvd=61, sent=506, maildir=/usr/local/psa/qmail/mailnames/mydomain.com/james/Maildir

Anyone have a quick answer to this before I have to start really digging?

I changed the domains on purpose so NO I didn't actually try sending to someexternaldomain.com :)

2. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

Just an FYI to anyone who might stupidly come across this error. Previous to version 8, you did not necessarily have to whitelist 127.0.0.1/32 to use local mail relay. I had only whitelisted the real IPv4 space and not the localhost IP in 7.5.x and Horde worked w/o issues. Since 8, I've whitelisted 127.0.0.1/32 and now it works. Maybe this was always the case, but I've never had this issue until now. I've also been able to do shell side local relay w/o whitelisting. So maybe its just Horde.

Anyhow thats the fix, whitelist all of your real IP space as well as any localhost IP space.

:)