• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[HORDE] failed to open sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail for execution

Maxunit941

New Pleskian
Hello there,

I recently upgraded to 11.5.30 Update #11 (3 days ago). My Root runs Debian 6.0.7 and has been updated at the same time, with the "newest" PHP etc. PHP version is 5.3.3-7+squeeze16

I did reroute any incoming and outgoing E-Mails through a googlemail based E-Mail Address, but I stopped that.

Now, I have this problem coming up, whenever I try to send an E-Mail:

failed to open sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail for execution

I google'd the issue and tried several suggestions, both from the Plesk Help and from other websites. None of them helped. The permissions are set properly and the php.ini is configured properly in terms of "disable_functions". exec and popen are not disabled.

E-Mails can be received tho.

Any suggestions or fixes? I'm kinda stuck now :/

Greetings,

Maxunit941

EDTI: I just noticed, that incoming and outgoing E-Mails are working, if my Forum Software (Invision Power Board) sends E-Mails, be it notifications if you received a PM or registered. It seems like, that I only can not send E-Mails directly through Horde.

EDIT:

I switched the E-Mail Software from Horde 6.0.4 to AtMail 1.05 and now it works flawlessly...interesting.

Last edited:
There are 2 tar.gz'd logs, which seem to have a bit of size, but the latest one is completely empty. The log file was created on the 9th of August, so it should contain any information then, but it doesn't.

I also installed RoundCube by now, works flawlessly as well. I think I stay with RoundCube.

Back