• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde issue after upgrade to 5.2.1

Lloyd_mcse

Silver Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Hi guys,

I installed this Horde update as soon as it was available and everything has been fine....until I set up my email account on a new system.

I'm using ActiveSync, where I had already setup my account (outlook 2013 on my various PCs) I have "ActiveSync Folders", but I just set up my account on my Surface and a another desktop, now I have "IMAP Folders" eg as sub-folders of the Inbox.

Still the other PCs have the folders setup correctly (setup before the update).

Any idea what might have happened? And if I can change it back?

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
Plesk 12.0.18 #16
psa-horde 5.2.1-ubuntu12.04.build1200140821.14
dovecot 2.2.12-ubuntu12.04.build1200140527.14

Thanks in advance for any insight, I will continue the search in the meantime.

Kind regards

Lloyd

Your eMail - account configuration in Outlook has various account - types, one of them is Active Sync, another one is POP/IMAP - you choose yourself in Outllok with the "manual configuration" what account type you would like to add. The "automatic choice", which adds an account with standard configurations doesn't let you choose the account types and tried to get the most recent account type from the mail-server itself. If there are several possibilities the automatic installation procedure from Outlook just picks the first one, that the mail-server replies with. This choice may not always be the choice that the user would like to have, so you have to start over again, and have to choose the manual configuration to choose the desired account type yourself. Depending on the account type, Outlook ads the included folders.

Unfortunately there is no option to change the account type from IMAP, POP3 or Active Sync, after you added a new account in Outllok and finished the installation with the last "o.k.". You have to delete the Outlook - account and start over again, by adding the new account in Outlook.

Sorry you misunderstand, it's not about changing account type in Outlook.

When I add an account to Outlook as ActiveSync I get IMAP Folder Layout - as a sub-folder of inbox.

How it should be
activesync_folders.png

After installing Horde 5.2.1
imap folder_on_activesync.png

If I wanted imap folders I would use IMAP and not ActiveSync.

They have been changing ActiveSync at Horde - http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/CHANGES

Any ideas what I need to change to get it back to how it should be.

Dam, I have just removed Horde, dropped the db and reinstalled and still the same so I would assume this is a bug in psa-horde?

Ubuntu 12.04.5 LTS
Plesk 12.0.18 #17 (Parallels Plesk v12.0.18_build1200140606.15 os_Ubuntu 12.04)
postfix 2.9.6-1~12.04.2
dovecot 2.2.12-ubuntu12.04.build1200140527.14
psa-horde 5.2.1-ubuntu12.04.build1200140821.14
psa-imp 6.2.1-ubuntu12.04.build1200140818.13
psa-turba 4.2.1-ubuntu12.04.build1200140818.13

The strange thing is, a PC I had already set my account on (before updating to 5.2.1) still has the correct ActiveSync layout.

Last edited:
Outlook has an internal folder structure, which sometimes interferes with the root folder of webmail applications. You could adjust such "strange" views of your current IMAP - or ActiveSync - folders in your "ADVANCED SETTINGS" for that account in Outlook, if you define the root folder yourself:

Choose the desired account in your account settings

Click the "More options" - Button

Choose the tab "Advanced"

Define the root folder "Inbox" in the folders option.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly, there are no Advanced Settings for Exchange ActiveSync service..

EAS-Account.png

And second, removing the device on the server clearing the device, Horde then serves the wrong folder structure to that device.

The Spam folder on Horde is no longer mapped to "Junk-E-mail" folder in Outlook either.
Sent email is properly mapped.

This is happening on any device I setup as ActiveSync from this server.

My Plesk 11.5.30 #47 (whatever the latest MU is) server is fine, adding an account from that in the same Outlook client I get properly mapped folders. So it's quite clear to me that something has changed in the latest version of Horde on Plesk 12.0.18 #17.

Anyway, thanks in advance for any help
Kind regards

Lloyd

Have you ever been able to fix this? Running into issues here too. Outlook does not save sent emails anywhere :(

Yes, it was due to Dovecot using the INBOX Prefix...

Code:
# Default private namespace setup compatible with Courier-IMAP.

namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix = INBOX.
  inbox = yes
}

I changed it to

Code:
namespace inbox {
  separator = .
  prefix =
  inbox = yes
}

in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf and to make sure it doesn't get changed I created the file /etc/dovecot/conf.d/20-plesk-namespace.conf with my new namespace setup.

Hope that helps
Kind regards

Lloyd

Back