• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

horde login speed

J

jimmy303

Hi guys, I have until recently had major problems with my horde login speeds. These have been taking upto 30 seconds on one of my VPS (fedora core2/plesk 7.5) boxes.

I have managed to track the error down to etc/resolv.conf the problematic box was being assigned a poor dns server. I have changed the servers to the configuration on the working box and all is well. Until reboot when the file resolv.conf gets overwritten.

I have taken this up with the ISP and they are aware of the issue and are putting in place a fix.

It's OK as I can re write the file after each reboot as a work around.

The logins on the slower box are now much better (6 seconds) but they are still not as quick as the fastest box (2 seconds).

Do you know of or have any suggestions for possible reasons for the difference in login speed.

The slower box runs spam assain, it also has some slight changes to the memory_limit in php.ini to allow for larger file attachments via horde. Nothing major though. Also the max_file_size has been upped to allow 5mb attachments.

Could it be attributed to overall node load?

Many thanks for any help,

Jim;]

Back