• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde Password Issues

onsightdata

Regular Pleskian
My horde is working correct in the sense you can login and send email etc. However when you go to change the password in horde it shows its sucessful however the password doesn't change. The only way to change it is , is in the plesk control panel

A telnet to local 106 gives me

Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.localdomain (127.0.0.1).
Escape character is '^]'.
poppassd: setpgid() failed
System error 1: Operation not permitted
poppassd: setpgid() failed
System error 1: Operation not permitted
Connection closed by foreign host.

Anyone have any clues whats going on . I have been hunting google for a solution

Same Problem

I am having the exact same problem, my users try to change their passwords and it says successful but it does not actually change the password. If anyone knows how to fix this please post it!

Thank you!

I have the same problem in our server, but with different flavors. In one domain, mail users report Horde returns the following failure message

"Failure in changing password on Poppassd Server: Cannot send command to server."

In another domain (same server) users report the problem stated earlier, that is, it appears Horde accepted the password change, but when the user logs out and logs back again, the new password is not accepted and the old one still works.

The server runs Plesk 8.2 on a Red Hat Enterprise box.

So, in addition to poppassd, there is another program called passwd? Who develops it?

I cannot imagine a simple password change is so fragile. I don't know what the monthly fee I pay for using Plesk entitles me when it comes to a FUNCTIONING mail program.

Just frustrated at losing hours since we migrated to this server and the mail users are chewing my neck left and right.

Fixed this by changing /etc/xinetd.d/poppasswd_psa. Change "/usr/local/psa/admin/bin/poppassd" to "/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/poppassd" and restart xinetd.

Thank you, xobofni for your point. My ISP just reported the same solution and the problem is fixed now.

The settings in my /etc/ xinetd.d/poppassd_psa is as follows:

service poppassd
{
socket_type = stream
protocol = tcp
port = 106
wait = no
disable = no
user = root
instances = 1000
flags = KEEPALIVE
server = /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/poppassd