• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue with Connection Info slider preventing saving of system user credentials

Maarten.

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Username:

TITLE

Issue with Connection Info slider preventing saving of system user credentials

PRODUCT, VERSION, OPERATING SYSTEM, ARCHITECTURE

Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58 Update #2
AlmaLinux 8.9

PROBLEM DESCRIPTION

When attempting to change the subscription owner's or FTP password within the Connection Info slider, a green tooltip hides the [Save] and [Cancel] buttons. This tooltip prevents users from accessing the necessary buttons to save or cancel the password change.
Clicking on the [x] of the tooltip unexpectedly closes the entire pop-up without saving the newly entered password.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 12.44.25.png

Currently, the only workaround to reveal the buttons is to click on the input field and then on the whitespace just above the input field.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE

1. Go to a subscription.
  2. Click on Connection Info.
  3. Click on the pencil icon to change the subscription owner's or FTP password.
  4. Notice the green tooltip hiding the [Save] and [Cancel] buttons.
  5. Click on the [x] of the tooltip to close it.
  6. Notice that clicking on the [x] unexpectedly closes the entire pop-up without saving changes.
A workaround is to click on the input field and then on the whitespace just above it to reveal the buttons.

ACTUAL RESULT

When attempting to change the subscription owner's or FTP password within the Connection Info slider, a green tooltip hides the [Save] and [Cancel] buttons. This tooltip prevents users from accessing the necessary buttons to save or cancel the password change.

EXPECTED RESULT

When changing the subscription owner's or FTP password, the green tooltip should not hide the [Save] and [Cancel] buttons.

ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

This issue appears to be inconsistent across servers. On some servers, the pop-up to change the password is displayed without a newly generated password, with the input field being empty by default, and no tooltip is shown:

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 13.15.23.png

Another issue is the missing translation of the tooltip text. It's in English, regardless of the server's language settings.

YOUR EXPECTATIONS FROM PLESK SERVICE TEAM

Confirm bug

The inconsistent appearance is for sure caused by your browser's password manager. Plesk does not place an existing password or a placeholder into the input line, but your browser's password manager might do it, if it recognizes the URL and has a password for the field.

I could not reproduce the other issue regarding the [X] and covering the buttons. Is that happening on a very small screen?

You're right ;-)
When I disable Firefox's "Autofill logins and passwords," it works correctly. My bad... sorry!

However, the issue with the entire pop-up closing, when you click the [x] of the tooltip, remains when Firefox fills in the password. Something is not working as it should. It happens on a desktop-sized screen.

I see that your green box exceeds the right edge of the underlying layer. I cannot recreate this here, because to the right of it I still see the help texts as in this screenshot:
1709832616289.png

So here the mouse pointer always is on top of the drawer. I believe that your drawer is closing, because in your case the mouse pointer is not on top of the drawer, but outside the drawer. What will I need to do to create the screen just as you see it?

You posted the screenshot of the "Subscription -> FTP -> FTP user" screen.
I was talking about the "Subscription -> Connection info" screen. That slides from the left onto the screen.

I guess the Firefox autofill changes something in the DOM so that the onClick event of the green [x] closes the whole pop-up instead of just the green tooltip.

Thank you for clarifying. I now tried it with "Connection info", but could not reproduce the issue. When I click on the close field, only the password overlay is closed, not the drawer.

Back