• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Horde webmail installation fails

Kristo

Basic Pleskian
While installing Horde webmail service via Updates and Upgrades I´m getting some errors. Here are more details:

Plesk v12.5.30
Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS

Listing of the error parts in my psa log file (in occured order):
  1. mail_restore_all
    ==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... not found, skipped
    mailmng[19572]: Unable to detect IMAP/POP3 server type - no LDA found
    Errors occured in mail restore procedure
    Some utilities have exited with errors:
    /usr/lib/plesk-9.0:/usr/lib/plesk-9.0/remote_mail_restore:/opt/psa/admin/sbin
    Warning : failed to perform deferred action : mail_restore_all

2. Missing table horde_signups
    Trying to upgrade horde <= 3 to latest 3... done
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'horde.horde_signups' doesn't exist

3. Missing table turba_objects
    Trying to upgrade turba database 2.1 -> 2.2... done
    ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1: Table 'horde.turba_objects' doesn't exist

4. Missing DB.php
    Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required 'DB.php' (include_path='/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php:/usr/share/psa-horde/lib:/usr/share/psa-pear/pear/php:.') in /usr/share/psa-horde/turba/.upgrade/2.1_to_2.2_sql_schema.php on line 51

5. Missing table kronolith_events
    Trying to upgrade kronolith database 2.1 -> 2.2... ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 2: Table 'horde.kronolith_events' doesn't exist

6. Final ERROR warning
    ERROR while trying to Unable to upgrade kronolith database 2.1 -> 2.2, see psa log for details
The missing DB.php file seems to be a pear package which I could manage to install. In general I´m wondering if this might be an issue request for Horde Groupware themselves...

Anyone else having trouble here?

mailmng[19572]: Unable to detect IMAP/POP3 server type - no LDA found
This error message means that IMAP server is not installed on the server. Make sure that Dovecot or Courier IMAP server installed and then repeat Horde installation.

I would suggest you run

# plesk repair installation

and then

# plesk repair mail

after that try to install Horde again.

What a nice tool. After running both repair commands I restartet apache. While trying to install Horde again I´m now left with the errors 2 - 6 of my errors list above.

I suggest you completely uninstall Horde and all related packages and install it back.

I suggest you completely uninstall Horde and all related packages and install it back.
I´ve uninstalled Horde via plesk installer. There is still a "horde" database left. Can I remove it manually or is that database shiped with plesk?

If you are absolutely sure that there are no any critical data, you may drop this table.

I didn´t uninstall the installed packages (which seems to be psa-horde psa-imp psa-ingo psa-kronolith psa-mnemo psa-passwd psa-turba).
But after "removing" the old horde database (I actualy renamed it to horde__) Horde is now installed correctly and works like a charm.

Can I mark all of your answers as "Best Answer" ? :)

Back