• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde webmail is not working at all?

G

GiuseppeP

Hi guys,

I'm quite new to Plesk since I bought a VPS with it just few days ago. I'm trying to get my head around all the features of this rich Control Panel and all is going quite well, apart from few bumps here and there.

I'm writing in this forum with the hope that someone will be able to help me out. From the general Settings it looks like I have two webmail modules installed: AtMail (1.04) and Horde (4.3.9).

I have added a domain under the only Customer I have and I have pointed the actual domain name to the server. All working fine. I can see the website working. I have then created an email account under this domain (test@[domain].com) and the email is working if I set it up in my local mail client. Then, in the Control Panel I have clicked on the Mail tab, I have checked the settings of the email account and Horde is the webmail software selected in the list. Lastly I have clicked on the webmail icon of the email account. This opens a new window with this url:

http://webmail.[domain].com/imp/login.php?new_lang=en_US&imapuser=heart%40[domain].com

Where [domain] is my domain name. In that window I get a nasty "Server not Found" message.

Does anyone know what is going on? It looks like Horde is not working at all. Is it a setup problem? Plesk? The hosting company? The VPS is brand new, has just been set up.

Thanks a lot in advance for any help.

Looks like that hostname webmail.domain.com is not resolvable. Did you check DNS settings and nameservers?

Hi IgorG,

Thanks a lot for taking your time to answer my thread. :) Yesterday, after few hints from my hosting provider, I realized that I needed to add the 'webmail' subdomain to the DNS records of my registrar. All works now.

Didn't think of this because on another VPS from another hosting provider I'm trying out, I could use webmail straight away, without setting up any subdomain and after looking at it I noticed that these other guys use the main server IP to launch webmail, not the single domain name's subdomain, if you see what I mean.

Thanks again!

hello,

sorry if a pull this thread up again but i have some questions about this argument.

first of all, i seem to understand that in other to get the webmail to work i need to buy a new subdomain called webmail.mydomainname.ext, is this correct?

secondly, is it possible not to buy this subdomain and make horde work within the domainname.ext i already have like www.domainname.ext/webmail instead? can i set up the webmail to work without issues from that position without having to buy a new subdomain?

thank you

Back