• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Horde webmail not sending email

D

Dan F

Hi guys, I have recently cleanly installed my server with Plesk 10.

For some reason, Horde will not send any email, plus if the 'save in sent-mail' is checked nothing ends up in there either.

I've checked that Qmail is running (which it is), there is nothing in the mail-quuee and I cannot see any errors in the horde log (just login failures).

Services Management says everything is running, and I'm sure this is only a horde issue because if I connect to my smtp/pop via iPhone mail client I can send email fine (and it ends up in the sent-mail folder!).

I've tried rebooting too (and restarting each service from Services Management).

I'm running Plesk 10.0.1

Any ideas?

Did you check Plesk maillog /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog ?

Hi there thanks for the reply. That file is empty. I'm completely stumped and out of ideas!!

Are you sure that maillog has following permissions:

# stat /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
File: `/usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog'
Size: 65979 Blocks: 144 IO Block: 4096 regular file
Device: 904eh/36942d Inode: 24035883 Links: 1
Access: (0640/-rw-r-----) Uid: ( 0/ root) Gid: ( 0/ root)

It is main mailserver log of Plesk and if it is empty - your mailserver doesn't work properly.

Hi there, thanks again for the reply.

I rechecked it - and if I open it with vi under root it's empty.

Code:
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 2010-11-21 00:48 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Code:
stat /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog
  Size: 0               Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   regular empty file
Device: 805h/2053d      Inode: 45951       Links: 1
Access: (0640/-rw-r-----)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2010-12-21 22:03:38.633017834 +0000
Modify: 2010-11-21 00:48:42.028432785 +0000
Change: 2010-12-21 00:48:41.236019222 +0000

Also I found /var/log/psa-horde/psa-horde.log and that only has login failures in there -- nothing relevant to this issue.

Any ideas? The strange thing is email arrives fine - and like I said before if I send via iPhone (i.e. not using Horde) it works!

thanks again

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi.

I have the same problem here. I can't send any mails with Horde. The mail log is empty (it was also empty before upgrading to 10.1). Also the traffic count in Plesk itself for POP and SMTP traffic does not work. I think this could be related.

The horde log shows only some failed login attempts. There is nothing that points to the sending problem. Sending with an email program or another webmail service (like Roundcube) works fine. The email sent over that way arrives.

Code:
  Size: 0               Blocks: 0          IO Block: 4096   regular empty file
Device: 305h/773d       Inode: 50333575    Links: 1
Access: (0640/-rw-r-----)  Uid: (    0/    root)   Gid: (    0/    root)
Access: 2010-12-23 00:49:45.329410920 +0100
Modify: 2010-12-21 14:58:21.313774552 +0100
Change: 2010-12-23 00:49:45.381423960 +0100

Code:
-rw-r----- 1 root root 0 Dec 21 14:58 /usr/local/psa/var/log/maillog

Thank for your help.
Best regards
Markus

ERR weirdly now all my emails seemed to go through? Still though nothing saved in sent-mail.

Weird stuff!

Ok, I think I found the source of the mail sending problem: the mail() function in PHP is not working:

Code:
postdrop: warning: unable to look up public/pickup: No such file or directory

I am using the QMAIL mailserver. Postfix is not even installed.
The strange thing is: this happend after updating Plesk from 9.5 to 10.1.

Any ideas?

Ok, the sendmail problem is fixed; sending mails from horde is also working again.

Code:
ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail

But the maillog problem is still open and unsolved. It would be nice if the mailtraffic is shown correctly.

Merry Christmas to all :)

Hi Kelos - so yours is mostly fixed now?

I tried that command, and I got this response.

Code:
# ln -s /var/qmail/bin/sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
ln: creating symbolic link `/usr/sbin/sendmail': File exists

Do you think I should delete the current /usr/sbin/sendmail and redo it?

I just don't want to do anything that will further cause problems...

Thanks and merry christmas to you too!

Hi :)

Yes, I moved (not deleted) the original binary and replaced it with the sym. link. You could also modify your php.ini and put in the path from your qmail installation. The better way is the sym. link. You are using qmail as your MTA? When you are using postfix, the sendmail binary in the /usr/sbin folder is the correct one and you have another problem than me.

Best regards
Markus

Thanks!

I'm using QMail so I've tried that... I pray it fixes it :)

Yep it sends ok! Still nothing ends up in the 'sent-mail' box tho, even with the option saved to send it.

Do you have that issue too?

Mhh, no. The message is saved correctly. It was saved even before I fixed the issue with sendmail.

Hello Kelos,

I have try tho following command, but when i click Send Email give this error :There was an error sending your message: sendmail returned error code 126

I will appreciate a lot your help.
Regards
Nikolin

Back