• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Host Headers - Site Bindings on dedicated server

RichDR

New Pleskian
This is hopefully a fairly straightforward question but i want to thorough in my explanation to be sure I'm missing nothing.
I have Plesk running on a dedicated server that i only use for my own sites and sites i manage for clients so only I have access and as such i installed the business version of plesk.

I'm relatively new to running a server which is why I'm using the plesk interface to lessen the incline of the learning curve. I have configured my IP address for shared hosting (when setting up plesk) and have added the 16 websites using plesk.
To begin with i've just had one domain pointed to the server so i can get everything running before i go ahead and transfer them all.
The first issue i had was, i only changed the global DNS for the domain to the server provider's nameservers and didn't know i needed to also update the A record. A quick email to my registrar got this fixed but its what the registrar said in the reply email that leads me into my question.
The registrar said the following;
'be sure to add the host headers for domain wheretobuycarsfrom.com on webserver configuration of your dedicated server.'

Do i need to consider 'host headers' or will this have already been taken care of by plesk when i added the website

Many Thanks
Richard

Thank you for your prompt assistance. I'll now just have to wait for network propagation of my new A record and fingers crossed, everything will be working.
Thanks again.

Back