1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Host is unavailable

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by Telemon, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Telemon

Telemon Guest

I am trying to use the Migration Manager to migrate data directly from one server to the other. Both servers are running Parallels Plesk Panel 10.0.1 and CentOS 5. When I type in the hostname or IP address and the correct username and password I get the error "Host (hostname) is not available." on a plain white screen. This is on a brand new working installation. The Knowledge Base has info for doing a manual dump and migration for version 9, but I did not see one for version 10.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Are you sure that server is really accessible via port 22 from another server?

3. Telemon

Telemon Guest

Firewall

I was able to figure it out finally with information found on this page: http://kb.odin.com/en/1432

It ended up being that one of the servers did not have the port 6489 enabled, and was insted blocked.