• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

hostname and serverIP change via command line

izghitu

New Pleskian
Hi,

I have a VPS image of a Plesk install which I use to create new VPS'. Each time a new one is created I need to change its hostname and have it re-read the VPS IP, remove old broken IPs and regenerate apache configs.

How do I change the hostname of plesk/server via command line?
How do I have it re-read the IPs and remove the old ones via command line?

Please help

Plesk uses the system hostname, so basically you just change the system hostname with command

hostname <new_hostname>

Assuming your server runs Fedora Core or RedHat, you’ll have to make changes in the following locations:

/etc/hosts

Your current hostname should be here behind the server’s IP address, change this to the new hostname

/etc/sysconfig/network

You should have a HOSTNAME variable here, change this to your new hostname.

/var/qmail/control/me

This contains the old hostname, change it to your new hostname to make qmail identify itself as the new hostname.

/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.include

You should have a ServerName variable here, change it to your new hostname.

Change the servers hostname while it’s running, normally this is set at boot.

hostname <newhostname>

Set the new hostname inside Plesk’s database:

mysql -u admin -pcat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow use psa; update misc set val='NEWHOSTNAME' where param='FullHostName';

Now restart Plesk to activate your changes:

/etc/init.d/psa stopall
/etc/init.d/psa stop
/etc/init.d/psa start

what about the IP re-read and removal?

# /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/ifmng --help
Usage: ifmng [OPTIONS]...

-l, --list list all addresses in format: "<ipaddr> <netmask> <interface> <is-primary-ip>\n ..."
-a, --add <interface> <ipaddress> <netmask> add IP on <interface>
-d, --del <ipaddress> delete IP
-h, --help display this help and exit
-v, --vz-assigned-ip <ipaddress> determine if <ipaddress> was assigned to this VE

Back