• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Hotfix installation never ends

D

dfgo

I have SiteBuilder version 4.5.0. When I tried to auto-update it to 4.5.2, the hotfix installation process never ended. It's been saying "Installing..." for a few days now, and the "Install" button has been disabled, so I can't redo the process. What should I do? Thanks!

Try to move /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/autoupdate.xml file to /usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/autoupdate.xml_saved and check this situation one more time.
Make sure that host autoinstall.plesk.com is resolved correctly from Sitebuilder server:

# host autoinstall.plesk.com
autoinstall.plesk.com has address 64.131.90.31

Dmitry: I have PBA,use only template, I need a template for the patch, where get I get it?

Could you please specify the issue? I did not quite understand what are you looking for? Sitebuilder hotfixes can be installed through Sitebuilder admin CP and it does not meter if Sitebuilder was installed from packages or from templates.

I'm aware that I can do it through the admin CP, I want to be sure that I will not mess up the next upgrade with template,let's say for version 5 when it comes. My understanding was that I should use template if I started with template, someone of support was once speaking this way. Can I go ahead through admin CP then?

Yes, you can and right now this is the only way for installing hotfixes in Sitebuilder. Basically, hotfix installation replaces some files on the server and makes copies of old files so it is always possible to roll back hotfix.

Also make sure that cron demon is running on this server.

I have SiteBuilder version 4.5.0. When I tried to auto-update it to 4.5.2, the hotfix installation process never ended. It's been saying "Installing..." for a few days now, and the "Install" button has been disabled, so I can't redo the process. What should I do? Thanks!

Got it! I removed the file

/usr/local/sitebuilder/tmp/autoupdate.xml

and checked the connectivity to server

autoinstall.plesk.com

When you mentioned the cron daemon, I assumed a cron job was set up for SiteBuilder somewhere. I found it at /etc/crontab. The job was

*/5 * * * * root (cd /usr/local/sitebuilder/utils && /usr/bin/php tasksmng.php > /dev/null 2>&1)

which is wrong since the correct PHP is supposed to be /opt/php52/bin/php5 (the one which sb_config uses). So I fixed the crontab and the hotfix updates ran fine.

I noticed, though, that my SB version is still 4.5.0, not 4.5.2, which the hotfixes applied should upgrade to. It that right?

Thanks!
-Dario

Yes, everything is correct and cron task is scheduled when you run hotfix installation through GUI. Actually, I could not reproduce this case on my test server. Anyway, as I understand right now everything looks good. As for Parallels Sitebuilder version it should not be updated to 4.5.2 or anything else as this is just hotfix and not minor update. So version should stay 4.5.0, only build is changed and following version should be shown in Server -> License Management section:

Product version 4.5.0 Hotfix-20081105 (2008110509)

The PHP binary that the cron job was using is not suited for SiteBuilder since it does not have the prerequisites, like sitebuilder3 module, ionCube, etc. I had to change the binary to the one sb_config is using, which is /opt/php52/bin/php5. Only then the hotfix installation worked.

Ok, thanks!

Same problem here, Hotfix-20081118 update never ends.

So I did:
root@server [~]# host autoinstall.plesk.com
autoinstall.plesk.com is an alias for edgecastcdn.net.
edgecastcdn.net has address 72.21.92.132

Which is not correct I assume. Where can I change the IP ?

Back