• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Installing Mattermost Extension - necessary packages are not being installed?

David Borrink

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.58
I tried to install the Mattermost extension last summer and ran into problems where after installation, the message "necessary packages are not installed" appeared next to all my subscriptions. I gave up at the moment because it appeared that there was no current update for the installer. I just looked and saw that a newer installer version came out a little after my incident. I just ran the installer again and I'm having the same issue. It says the installation was complete, and I ran the "necessary packages" installer, which said "package installation complete" but the messages did not disappear by all my subscriptions. Refreshing the page brings the installer button again.

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 9.24.07 AM.png

I'm wondering what these "necessary packages" are and why they are not installing. Mattermost looks like a super communications tool to use with my business and I'm really wanting this to work.

A little more detail. Last summer I was trying to use the 7.1.0-3 version and having this problem. The newest version is 7.1.1-2 which apparently was released a week after I think I reported it here or chatted with someone. There are a couple of notes about the installation:

• The domain must be secured with a valid SSL certificate.
  • NGINX must be enabled in proxy mode on the domain.
  • Please note on CentOS 7 and RHEL 7 it is required to install Postgres 10 on the system which is incompatible with the postgresql component.

I don't have the domain set up yet, but was planning on doing a subdomain to house the chats ("chat.mydomain.com" for example but using my chosen domain). Would I need to have the subdomain set up first?

I had considered the Docker method, but according to another thread here in "Similar Threads", CentOS 7.9 is not going to be supported soon, and the new Alma 8 has container issues. I don't want to install Docker and find I can't suddenly use Mattermost because of the OS upgrade. I'd prefer to use the Plesk extension if it works and can handle the integration. Mattermost looks like a great solution for my home business setup to communicate with each other, so I'm hoping some successful installer news can be shared here.

Bumping this up since I've asked it before and haven't had an answer yet. I really would like to install this and would appreciate any advice, recommendations, response from the extension developers.... somebody... in order to use this apparently wonderful chat software on my server.

I went to one of my subscriptions and there is a Mattermost button there to use, but it takes me to the above shown Mattermost panel with the message that the "necessary are not installed". Yet, I ran the installer and it said it was installed.

Back