• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to add Git to live site.

Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.56 #2
I have been tasked with adding new features to a Plesk site which is already live. There is no Git integration; to date updates have been deployed by FTP.

How can I begin using Git deployments for a site which is already live?

I do have an exact copy of the site in a Git repo, which I can attach to the Plesk site. However, what happens the first time I click the 'Deploy now' button? I assume my entire live site will be overwritten by the repo files, which in theory should be an exact copy. But, it this doesn't go well, the site will go down!

What is the risk-free process for introducing Git deployments to a Plesk site which is already live?

Chris.

I don't know the direct answer to your question. However, why not make a copy of the site on another (sub)domain for testing purposes and try to see what happens?

In tests everything works perfectly. However I'd like to see some official Plesk guidance, if it exists, on my scenario to reduce risk when I do this on the Production site.

Back