• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Hourly backup to FTPS

HaakonSandli

New Pleskian
Hi,

I am trying to configure hourly backup to FTPS with scheduled tasks in Plesk. It works fine in backup manager, but not as a scheduled task.
I've followed this and this guide. Also read a bit here about it.

Error log:

Task "/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file=ftp://subdomain.domain.tld:990/specified_folder/ --ftp-login=username '--ftp-password=password' --ftp-passive-mode -v" completed with error in 131 seconds, output:
Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (7) Couldn't connect to server: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v --ftp-pasv -u username 'ftp://subdomain.domain.tld/specified_folder//'

I need some help here...

What is the output of the suggested command?

This is the output:

Task "curl -v --ftp-pasv -u username 'ftp://subdomain.domain.tld/specified_folder//" completed with error in 0 seconds, output:
/bin/sh: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

Do you have enabled firewall? Make sure that port 21 is not firewalled at least.

Do you have enabled firewall? Make sure that port 21 is not firewalled at least.

Waited a bit more, got this now:

Enter host password for user 'username':
* Trying destination ip...
* TCP_NODELAY set
* connect to destination ip port 21 failed: Connection timed out
* Failed to connect to subdomain.domain.tld port 21: Connection timed out
* Closing connection 0
curl: (7) Failed to connect to subdomain.domain.tld port 21: Connection timed out

As you mentioned, port 21 is blocked in the firewall, yes. This is because we want to use port 990 instead.

As you mentioned, port 21 is blocked in the firewall, yes. This is because we want to use port 990 instead.
In this case, have you checked your initial command in CLI:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file=ftp://subdomain.domain.tld:990/specified_folder/ --ftp-login=username '--ftp-password=password' --ftp-passive-mode -v

Not sure that port 990 can be defined in this command according to: pleskbackup: Backing Up Content and Configuration

In this case, have you checked your initial command in CLI:

# /usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file=ftp://subdomain.domain.tld:990/specified_folder/ --ftp-login=username '--ftp-password=password' --ftp-passive-mode -v

Not sure that port 990 can be defined in this command according to: pleskbackup: Backing Up Content and Configuration

As you say, don't think that port can be defined. When I do as said above, the inital reply comes again. Will try opening up port 21 and use this.

As you say, don't think that port can be defined. When I do as said above, the inital reply comes again. Will try opening up port 21 and use this.

Tried on port 21, this was the reply:
Task "/usr/local/psa/bin/pleskbackup --server --output-file=ftp://subdomain.domain.tld/specified_directory/ --ftp-login=username '--ftp-password=password' --ftp-passive-mode -v" completed with error in 60 seconds, output:

Unable to access the storage: Transport error: unable to list directory: Curl error: (28) Timeout was reached: Last FTP request: Last FTP response:
Make sure you have entered the correct storage settings. You can check them independently with the command:
curl -v --ftp-pasv -u username 'ftp://subdomain.offlineit.no/specified_directory//'

The FTP console showed this:
1580890066770.png

I've now tried to use port 21, and the output in Plesk is now that the password is wrong. Changed this to an easier one, but still the same reply. I looked up "Not logged in" in FileZilla server on Google, and it seems that this happens when the user isn't connecting via FTPS when the FTP server only allows this.
I read a bit more here pleskbackup: Backing Up Content and Configuration, but I could find any way to make Plesk run the task in FTPS.

@IgorG do you perhaps know any solution to make Plesk use FTPS?

Could you go into the console of your Plesk server and run the command in it that does not work and show me its full output from the moment it was launched?

Back