• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question How can customers disable WordPress update email notifications in Plesk?

Maarten

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Guru
Server operating system version
AlmaLinux 8.9 (Midnight Oncilla)
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian 18.0.61 Update #5
Some customers don't like the ongoing WordPress update notifications in Plesk.
How can they stop notifications? All I see is the option to turn off the notifications for all customers.

1556110165041.jpg

You're right though, it's all or nothing currently. Which isn't always desirable for all types of notifications. To my knowledge there isn't any workaround to change this (other then maybe manually setting up a mail filter to filter out these notifications for certain recipients). We do have notification improvement features on the Plesk long term roadmap. For now I suggest adding a UV request, if you haven't already of course :)

I know I can create a UserVoice request, but you know what I think about those requests ;-)

That said, under GDPR, it's important to obtain user consent before sending notifications unless they are absolutely necessary for the service.
This article provides some useful insights.

Shouldn’t users have the right to opt out of these notifications? It might be worth having someone at Plesk, perhaps a Data Protection Officer (DPO), look into this to ensure everything is GDPR-compliant and that we avoid any potential issues.

I understand that I can turn off notifications for all customers, but not for individual customers. While this might not be a direct GDPR issue, it still raises concerns about user experience and customer satisfaction. Under GDPR, there's an emphasis on user control and consent, so it seems like a best practice to allow customers to manage their notifications more granularly.

In any case, it would be prudent to review this with Plesk’s Data Protection Officer (DPO) or legal team to ensure that everything is in line with GDPR principles. Even if it's not strictly a legal issue, providing this level of control would demonstrate a commitment to customer-centric service and could help avoid unnecessary frustration.

Is there any timeline or plan for adding this feature? It would be great to see some progress on this, as it feels like it should be a standard option in the WordPress toolkit.

Back