• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can i create a "null"-mailbox in plesk for "[email protected]"...?

jmar83

Regular Pleskian
Which means the size is neither unlimited or limited to size x (i can only see that two options...)

The incoming mails should go to the "digital nirvana"... so

a.) they should not be stored

b.) there should be ne return to senders address with text like "mailbox does not exist"

Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

I think this can be achieved by simply unchecking the "mailbox" option when creating a Email Address in Plesk.

Thank you. Then Plesk is not able send anymore. (e.g. for SMTP only Accounts for Newsletters etc.).

When i remember right, on older Versions (maybe with other OS / compoments) that was possible.

@jmar83
Did you find a solution? I'm currently in the same situation. I have several noreply@ accounts for sending mails, but I want received mails to be deleted instead of replying with "550 5.7.1 Command rejected (in reply to DATA command)". Currently I use the spam filter and "*@*" on the blacklist. But this leads to the error reply.

Suggestion 1) A good approach could be to use incoming mail rules in your email client. Many clients support that, e.g. Outlook, but also Roundcube Webmail. Setup mailboxes for your noreply addresses, let the mails arrive, but then in your mail client create a rule to move them to trash.

Suggestion 2) Set the server-side SpamAssassin spam filter to "Delete" and threshold 0. It will not delete all, because some mails have a negative score and that cannot be set, but it will remove a large amount of mails.

1671353120490.png

If it was mine, I'd go with (1).

Thanks, I just tried the first approach in Roundcube and it works as expected. Now any mails which are larger than 1 byte are deleted.

Back