• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I export emails, from RoundCube, via SSH?

Craig1986

Basic Pleskian
Recently, I attempted to upgrade MySQL from version 5.5.55 to 5.6. In doing so, this has resulted in the Plesk Dashboard and Mail Server being inaccessible. Learning the hard way of doing updates in a Live Environment.

Whilst I have manually backed up the Website's Web Files and MySQL Database, I am unsure of how to backup the emails within RoundCube/MailServer.

My last resort being to completely Reboot the VPS, as to start from scratch, then upload the website's web files via FTP and then import the emails somehow.

Hi

Why not try solve mysql issue ?

In any case, roundcube not store mails, mails was stored by imap server, and there are in /var/qmail

You can backup all dir and then restore it

Hi

Why not try solve mysql issue ?

In any case, roundcube not store mails, mails was stored by imap server, and there are in /var/qmail

You can backup all dir and then restore it
In the end, I decided to simply rebuild the VPS and restore the backups of the Web Files and MySQL Database.
Are you saying that if I download all of the files, that side at a Directory like /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username, then I could simply upload these in the future and these will reproduce the emails within RoundCube; for the associated email account? Similarly, if I downloaded /var/qmail/, then this would save all emails?

In the end, I decided to simply rebuild the VPS and restore the backups of the Web Files and MySQL Database.
Are you saying that if I download all of the files, that side at a Directory like /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username, then I could simply upload these in the future and these will reproduce the emails within RoundCube; for the associated email account? Similarly, if I downloaded /var/qmail/, then this would save all emails?

Yes, that is

Rouncube is nothing, is like a file manager is a webclient, in a file manager you not need make thinkg

So roundcube juset read dirs and files insite /var/qmail/ so if you have /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username you save that dir in your broken server and then in your new server in plesk create account [email protected] and coping files inside /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username in this new server you get your mails

And you may have roundcube, horde or any orther webmail you can read your mails

Mails just are files inside directory manager by dovecot or courier, so, moving dirs and files or move entering /var/qmail save your mails, not save your mails passwords or mail account ( you need recreate mails accounts in plesk with new passwords ) but you will save your mails, attachment and all your dirs and mail content ( not mail contacts or calendar this will saved in database )

Yes, that is

Rouncube is nothing, is like a file manager is a webclient, in a file manager you not need make thinkg

So roundcube juset read dirs and files insite /var/qmail/ so if you have /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username you save that dir in your broken server and then in your new server in plesk create account [email protected] and coping files inside /var/qmail/mailnames/example.com/email_username in this new server you get your mails

And you may have roundcube, horde or any orther webmail you can read your mails

Mails just are files inside directory manager by dovecot or courier, so, moving dirs and files or move entering /var/qmail save your mails, not save your mails passwords or mail account ( you need recreate mails accounts in plesk with new passwords ) but you will save your mails, attachment and all your dirs and mail content ( not mail contacts or calendar this will saved in database )
I see. Thank you for your explanation. :)

Back