• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I find and delete orphaned backups?

Denis Gomes Franco

Regular Pleskian
My servers are currently set up to run a daily backup of the full system and save to a directory that's connected to S3 storage via S3FUSE. Everything runs very smoothly but there were some days were things got wonky. Plesk is configured to store only the last 7 backups, and a situation has come up. Going to TOOLS & SETTINGS > BACKUP MANAGER I can see there are only 7 backups (Plesk rotates them correctly) but some subscriptions show a few "orphaned" backups as well (older backups that were not deleted by the rotation, usually when there was a problem with S3FUSE connecting to the S3 storage).

Thing is, I can't delete these from the Plesk interface since Plesk says these backups are part of the system backup. So I need to connect to the S3 service and manually browse into the directories in order to delete these older backups. And in order to find these orphaned backups I am simply opening up a subscription in Plesk and going to the BACKUP MANAGER SCREEN. But there are hundreds of subscriptions and that will take quite a long time to do manually.

So I was thinking if Plesk had some way of finding these orphaned backups. Seeing that Plesk can be set up to store X days of backups, maybe it would have a command to find backups that are older that X days...

Back