• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I get my WebSocket running in NodeJS?

Johnny9977

Basic Pleskian
I've programmed myself a WebSocket in NodeJS. Inside my file server.js I've setup an express server including my WebSocket server:

Code:
const wss        = new WebSocket({
    server: app.listen(8888)
});

Locally it runs perfect but I can't get it running in Plesk. To get it running I've created a subdomain ws.my-url.de and put my app into the folder. After that I've installed the Plesk NodeJS support and did following settings:

1585931494644.png

I've also removed the proxy-mode setting checkbox in the Apache settings. After everything was done, I've activated NodeJS at my subdomain and expected some logs inside my logs folder about the startup but nothing there. Also press restarting the app didn't helped.

I'm so confused... I just want to start this as a service where I can connect to from my apps and everything. No web frontend - just the URL as a connection. How can I do this? Please help me...

Please help me! I can't find any information out there and I need to get this working until tomorrow. Otherwise I'll get in a big trouble with my boss... Please....

Back