• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can i get SSL for my ip adress for plesk?

MrPleskLearner

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk 18
Hi,

mailing apps prefer server like imap.domainname.com and smtp.domainname.com

That's why i just created these subdomains and got SSL via Let's Encrypt for these subdomains.

Now while i am logging to mail apps, the mail apps still says the SSL certificate is not valid. Maybe server needs a ssl certificate?

1683581873586.png

Edit:

I figured something out.

The mailing apps are trying to get certificates from the "Certificates currently in use for securing plesk server".

1683582417750.png

So for "Certificate for securing mail" i chose imap.website.com and after trying to login via mailing app, it has no problem for imap but then then i get "not valid certificate" error for outgoing server also for smtp settings in mailing app because even for smtp the apps receives the certificate from imap...

How can i tell plesk that certificate for securing mail that if i want to login to [email protected], then the app should receive for imap the certificate of imap.website.com and for smtp the certificate of smtp.website.com

and at the same time for info@website2.com it should use certificates from smtp.website.com and imap.website.com?

I'd like to suggest a different solution: Check the "Enable mail autodiscover" checkbox in the "Mail Settings" of your domain(s). Than mail apps can query the server and get all basic settings like incoming and outgoing mail server from the server. In "Tools & Settings" > "Mail" > "Mail Server Settings" > "Mail autodiscover" you can also enter your own preferred mail server name into "Specify a custom domain name for mail autodiscover".

1683614761730.png

Hi Peter,

thank you. I enabled mail autodiscover but since the mail app still tries to connect imap.mywebsite.com and smtp.mywebsite.com, it receives the SSL certificate, which i chose here:

1683673431196.png

Hi Peter,

thank you. I enabled mail autodiscover but since the mail app still tries to connect imap.mywebsite.com and smtp.mywebsite.com, it receives the SSL certificate, which i chose here:
In the image you've attached to ^ this, regardless of the settings shown for Plesk & Mail, the "default certificate" still has priority (bold text) because you don't appear to have yet, selected the "Lets Encrypt certificate" via its tickbox and then made that one, the default via the "Make Default" button that's also shown in that image, in between the "+ Add" and "x Remove" buttons.

Once you have completed this, the bold text will be reversed (from how appears now). You should visit *yourhost*:8443/cp/ip-address/ then select your IPv4 and/or IPv6 address(es), then verify that the "Lets Encrypt certificate" is indeed shown there correctly. You can use the "ReReadIP" button if you're still in doubt.

Once all of that ^ is complete, you can then re-check your mail server results.

Afterwards, you can remove the now unused & not relevant any more "default certificate" via its tickbox and the "x Remove" button if you want to, unless, you're still using that certificate somewhere else on your server too (that's unlikely if all of your config is correct, but it's not impossible)

Back