• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue How can I get to my emails I changed dns

hubert

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
linux
Plesk version and microupdate number
Obsidian
Hello, after trouble with spamhouse, I decided to move to other provider. How can I get to my emails if I still have VPS ip, I can login to Plesk but I can't login to webmail. Is there a way to log int to my "old email boxes". I want to migrate to other provider but I want to have access to my old emails. Thank You.

Temporally point an webmail DNS type A record back to your VPS IP? Set a low TTL in advance so you don't have to wait to long. An other option would to use a email client, such as Thunderbird, to connect to you VPS'es mailbox.

Last edited:
thank You yes I pointed DNS back and now I have control again. But I have another problem I would like to start the migration to my new provider but I have to write their the server but it always has been ny domain name like my domain.com so what now when the dns will be changed what should I write there?

Temporally point an webmail DNS type A record back to your VPS IP? Set a low TTL in advance so you don't have to wait to long. An other option would to use a email client, such as Thunderbird, to connect to you VPS'es mailbox.
No need to change it in DNS, just add it to /etc/hosts or %WINDIR%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts

Back