• The new Python extension is now available. It allows customers to deploy and manage WSGI-based Python applications on their websites directly from Plesk.
  • Debian 11 has reached its end-of-life (vendor EOL date - August 31, 2026). Plesk Obsidian 18.0.81 is the last release to support it.
    If you are running Plesk Obsidian on Debian 11, we recommend you upgrade those servers to Debian 12 using our dist-upgrade tool.
  • We plan to deprecate and remove the support for XML RPC protocol versions earlier than 1.6.9.1 in Plesk Obsidian 18.0.82. We strongly recommend that you update all existing integrations using earlier versions of the XML RPC protocol to comply with the version 1.6.9.1 specification.

How can I move 1 domainname from one client to another client?

E

editor

Guest
According to the big problems of PLESK-software produced
by the misserable PLESK-politic,
cp. https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23680
cp. https://forum.plesk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=23626


Plesk 7.5.2 Reloaded, Linux
I have to move 1 domainname from one client to another client.
How can I do this?
(No, I do not want to delete the domainname from one client
and then setup again the same domainname onto the other
client's account.)

BTW: Yes, I also have access with phpmyadmin to the
PLESK-table "psa". I think, it has to do with the

SELECT psa
FROM `domains`
LIMIT 0 , 30

There is a row called "cl_id" and I think, if I change just only
the number of "cl_id", then the domainname will automatically
be moved, but I am not so very sure. I am not sure, if this will
be enough...

Thank you very much.
 
Yes, you can just change cl_id, but there is one more way:

/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u <domain> -clogin <client_login>
 
Re: Re: How can I move 1 domainname from one client to another client?

Originally posted by smtalk
Yes, you can just change cl_id, but there is one more
way:

Wonderful. I was just updating this.

For those who would like to more details how to change it.
Install the phpmyadmin to your PLESK-server to any
htaccess-protected directory, for example

http://www.mydomainname.tld/mytopsecrectdir/phpmyadmin/

Edit the config.inc of phpmyadmin:

Username
is the same username like you use for PLESK-login.

Password
is the same password like you use for PLESK-login.

Now you can see (and edit) all of PLESK with your
phpmyadmin.

Here in my case to change the client-id "cl_id", look:

Server: localhost
Database: psa
Table: domains

If you have cl_id number 1 for you, and another client has
cl_id number 3, just edit this in this table "domains" and
save it. The info with your phpmyadmin will show you
something like this here:

SQL-command:
UPDATE `domains` SET `cl_id` = '1' WHERE `id` =3 LIMIT 1 ;

If you relogin to your https://www.mydomainname.tld:8443/
then the edited domainname will appear under your client-id-
account number 1.

Background:
We have only 1 IP-number. All the domainnames must be
moved to only 1 client-account. Then the "anonymous
ftp"-icon
will be active to get your own "anonymous ftp". And the
clients
itself? Well, they can still login to Plesk by
"domainname.tld"
and its password. Just give them "domain-management"-access.

:)

Originally posted by smtalk
/usr/local/psa/bin/domain.sh -u <domain> -clogin
<client_login>

Oh, thank you for this nice tip. Thats also a good idea. :)
 
BTW, in plesk 7.5.3 you can do this from the control panel:

5. [+] It is now possible to transfer domains from one client to another using the control panel.
 
Back
Top