• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How can I send my app's mails through my server's SMTP ?

Mike23

New Pleskian
I have an application that sends newsletters (hosted on a third-party provider website). It can be configured to send mails via an external SMTP.

I would like to use my Plesk server's SMTP to send these mails.

How can I configure Plesk to do that ?

Thanks, here's what I have done so far :

- Server-Wide Mail Settings > Set "Relaying" to "authorization is required:" and "SMTP"

But when I send test emails, I get an error in the logs where it says it can't find a user with this name. It's as if relaying was actually not activated.

Is there a way to verify that relaying is on by entering a command on the command line ?

Thanks, but I don't want to setup an open relay.
  • On my plesk server I have setup a mail account : [email protected]-xxx-xx-xxx.xx
  • On my app, I want to connect to this account throught SMTP, with authentication, to send mails
If I understand correctly, this has to be done by opening the relay option on my server, with authentication. I don't want to have an open relay without authentication as this is a recipe for disaster.

In any case (I just tried open relay for a couple of minutes) I get the same error. I configured the [email protected]-xxx-xx-xxx.xx account in Claws mail on my desktop computer.

Reception of mails works, but when I try to send a mail from [email protected]-176-31-103.eu to my own mail account ([email protected]), I get this error in the mail log :

Code:
Oct 23 10:30:48 nsxxxxxx postfix-local[24636]: cannot chdir to mailname dir mike: No such file or directory
Oct 23 10:30:48 nsxxxxxx postfix-local[24636]: Unknown user: [email protected]
Oct 23 10:30:48 nsxxxxxx postfix/pipe[24635]: 747ED44C005E: to=<[email protected]>, relay=plesk_virtual, delay=0.36, delays=0.32/0/0/0.03, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered via plesk_virtual service)
Oct 23 10:30:48 nsxxxxxx postfix/qmgr[23969]: 747ED44C005E: removed
Oct 23 10:30:48 nsxxxxxx postfix/smtpd[24620]: disconnect from xx.red-xx-xx-xx.dynamicip.rima-tde.net[xx.xx.xx.xx]

Back