• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How can I tell which version I'm on

spiderp

New Pleskian
I'm using the plesk system supplied by "Unlimited Web Hosting" (its not installed locally). How can I tell what version I'm using. And if its Linux or windows. So I know which forum I can post to.

# cat /usr/local/psa/version
11.0.9 RedHat el5 110120608.16

# cat /usr/local/psa/version
9.5.4 RedHat el5 95110630.15

# cat /root/.autoinstaller/microupdates.xml | grep 'patch version'
<patch version="27" timestamp="" installed-at="20121101T103021" />

# mysql -uadmin -p`cat /etc/psa/.psa.shadow ` psa -Ne "select val from misc where param='version';";
+------+
| 0954 |
+------+

Last edited:
thanks Amin Taheri, its not installed locally - but on shared hosting so I dont have access to a command prompt. And cant see the '/usr/..' directory etc through file manager or ftp. I thought this information would be available through the plesk control panel. I probably jsut email them direct.

Oh, sorry.

Well if you go to the control panel itself, on the login screen lots of times it says the version in the page title in your browser.

Also some times it may say so on the login page itself - for example the default theme for plesk 9.5 has "Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5" in text on the page, and in the browser page title.

You can also look at the page source of the control panel, sometimes it gives you hints

<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">
<title>Parallels Plesk Panel 9.5.4</title>
<script language="javascript" type="text/javascript" src="/javascript/frameset.js?plesk_version=psa-9.5.4-95110630.15"></script>

or

<title>Parallels Plesk Panel 11.0.9</title>
<link rel="shortcut icon" href="/favicon.ico">
<script src="/javascript/frameset.js?plesk_version=psa-11.0.9-110120608.16"></script>

Some servers have a response header set that you can see in fiddler or most browser inspectors (hit F12 in your browser and look at the network tab) that may indicate the OS version.

Typically though if you are a customer there you should know what the OS type is ahead of time. The most common version of Plesk (just by looking at the forums) is linux, so you're more likely to be there than on windows, but you can easily tell the difference based on what features are available to you in the control panel once you login.

For example windows may offer you things like MS SQL, ODBC DSN connections, .Net Framework management, app pools, or Frontpage to name a few while Linux wont offer that.

Back