• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Issue how can restrict all but some access to a part of a website

elaa

Basic Pleskian
I am trying to deny access from except my ip address for a part of a site, so I did this:
Domains > example.com > Apache & nginx Settings.
in the Additional nginx directives section I added this code and my ip address
Code:
location ^~ /ctst {
allow 203.0.113.2;
deny all;
}
but I got
403 Forbidden

am I doing something wrong if so then what is it ?

Last edited:
I need to deny access to a part of website and allow some IP Addresses to access it for example my site is emample.com it is accessible by every one but emample.com/test and all its files are accessible only for 123.123.123.123 , so I tried this code in PLESK

Domains > example.com >Apache & nginx Settings. In the Additional nginx directives section I added this code and my ip address

Code:
location ^~ /test {
allow 203.0.113.2;
deny all;
}

this worked for emample.com/test but for emample.com/test/file.php it did not work the files are accessible, and they are being downloaded instead of being executed, I googled for solution but I did not find anything so what should I add to fix this and to deny access to all the content of /test

Back