• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do access rights work on windows?

R

RobertS

I was used to work with the linux versions of Plesk but recently I also have a windows version running.

I use the latest version 7.5.6

The problem that I have is 1 with access rights.

If a customer wishes to change the acces rights to a specific folder or file normally in Linux you chmod the file or folder, but in windows chmod is not possible so you have to change the access rights.

The customer (and I also) uses the filemanager and surf to the specific folder and file and press the acces right icon (a little orange hand) behind the file or folder.

And now I do not understand it at all what happens anymore.....
In the flash demo it is very clear, just check the checkbox to change the righst but in my version 7.5.6 there are no checkboxes....

What I see is following:
(click to see picture)

a pulldown menu with users with a color + behind it
Then users with a greyed out -
Then users with a colored - behind it.

No checkbox to be found......

What can I advise to my customer to use?
How can a anonymous visitor on the site have access to a folder, example:
folder /httpdocs/temp/ must be chmodded to 755 (read and write) for all visitors for a script to work.

How do I set this?

Why has SW-Soft change this, the flash demo is much more logical and easier to use....

If you want input directly into database from forms filled on web pages or create files, you need to give permissions on database and folder where it locates, write permissions to user IUSR_domain-user. Perphaps there will be need to give write permissions also to IWAM_domain-user especially when some types of ASP.NET applications are used.

John S.G.

I think you have to click the name first, then the check boxes become accessable for that name - some of the names you will not be able to change (administrator for example) - perhaps that's what the different colored (grey and yellow) - following the user name means.

Back