1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do i add more than one ip per domain

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by judgeyj, Apr 11, 2010.

1. judgeyj

judgeyj Guest

I got a few ips that i want to use for "bncs" on irc....

So i need to know how to add more than one ip per domain.

Many thx

Plz i am a nub so any example would be great :)

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    You can add a lot of domains to one IP but not vice versa. It is internal Plesk logic.

3. Renev

Renev New Pleskian

In my opinion this is a serious design flaw in Plesk, since it makes it very hard to change the IP for a domain. You'll want a domain to be available on two IP's during the DNS transition.

4. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  5. Renev

Renev New Pleskian

Yes, but with the default zone settings it will take 24 hours for the DNS change to propagate around the world. And as soon as you change the IP in Plesk, the site will no longer be available on the old IP which means that people who have not yet received the new DNS will not be able to reach the site.

Of course this can be prevented by changing the DNS refresh time up front, but there's not always time for that. The solution I use now is to copy the httpd.include for the domain and manually include it in the httpd.conf before the move. That does add some extra administrative overhead, tough.

6. 64bithost.com

64bithost.com Regular Pleskian

57%
    It's clear

you can add or subtract ip's using the vzctl --ipdel command if you have admin access in SSH. Please reference the manual on virtuozzo and plesk