• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I change button url links

L

Lonewolf

I'm sure this has been covered somewhere, but I was unable to find any messages that deal with this problem from my search results.

Question:
How do I go about changing the url links that a non-custom plesk button uses? For instance, I do not want any links going to myPlesk.com. Instead, I would prefer the buttons to take the users to the location of my choosing.

Thanks

Lone Wolf

You can't, but you can disable myplesk.com using the "add services" feature of the 'server' page in Plesk, and add custom buttons for your own registration services.

Amazing, I had just found the last message in which you had the same reply *grin*

However, there are a lot of buttons that I want to change and they are not custom. I found a link to a script that the plesk devs made to remove buttons, but even this does not do what I am realy needing, though it does help.

My questions now are:

1) Am I able to change the non-custom "button labels"? For instance, instead of having an "Edit" button I want the button to say "Edit Contact Info".

2) Am I able to change the unproffessional "custom" heading to be something more feasable? Or even better, have the custom buttons show under the sections I actually want them to show under instead of a new "custom" section all together?

Basically, I would like to have the ability to change the layout and modify any button of my choosing instead of having "set" buttons.

Thanks!

Lone Wolf

What you want to do isn't really achievable via Plesk 7.5, maybe in future.

*sigh* The best I can come up with is to remove all the buttons in the skins, and then add all the buttons back as custom buttons.

I still think it would be a major improvement to be able to change the section label "Custom Buttons" to be something more practical.

Maybe in the future.

Lone Wolf

I do not have access to plesk7.5 to be able to say if this still works but you can change this text at template level.

Eg on the domain controls page

/usr/local/psa/admin/plib/templates/dom_ctrl.tpl

Find this code:

<legend>{CUSTOM_BUTTONS_INFO}</legend><table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td>

and simply replace the whole of

{CUSTOM_BUTTONS_INFO}

with what ever you want it to say, of course this is no good if you use multiple language packs as i guess that is a look keyfield against different languages.

You can do this with lots of parts of the templates (at least on 7.1) - ensure you make backups of the originals though!!!!

And if you really want to just edit things like you said text labels etc, you could simply to a view source on the main page - see what bits you wanted to change, then remove the {} section from the template and replace it directly with the full html that you wanted with edited text.

You can change the links to graphics by altering the css of the relevant skin to point to alternative graphics if you so wish.

Really? Interesting, thanks! I'll have to give that a shot... most of the files I had looked at were encrypted and obfuscated... it's good to know there are still some out there I can modify. I'll give the templates a look over and maybe I'll be able to get what I am wanting after all.

Thanks!

Lone Wolf

Back