• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

How do I configure PLESK 11 report emails to use SMTP Authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian and CarlaL

New Pleskian
I've looked high and low and found nothing relating to this issue I'm having, so I apologize if it's already been asked and answered because I can't find it.

SPECS:
Plesk Panel, 11.0.9, #61, Windows 2008 R2 SP1, x64

PROBLEM:
With reports configured to send out to an email address local on the Windows server configured through PLESK, if local relay isn't enabled at 127.0.0.1 on the SmarterMail server, the reports are never delivered.

- server is [domainx].com
- email to receive reports from PLESK is plesk444@[domainx].com
-this email address is able to send and receive internally or externally to and from any client w/ SMTP auth enabled.

If SmarterMail is configured with SMTP Authentication Bypass for 127.0.0.1, we get the scheduled report emails as we should.
Without the SMTP Authentication Bypass enabled, none of the clients or administrators get any reports or notifications at all.

QUESTION:
How can I configure PLESK Panel 11 itself to use that SMTP Authentication to send those reports out?
--is there a configuration file or registry value I can add or modify?

Thank you for your attention to this.

As far as I know this issue has been fixed in Plesk 11.5. I'd encourage you to try it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back