1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

How do I configure subdomain Emails

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by platinumdon, May 6, 2007.

1. platinumdon

platinumdon Guest

I would like to know if there is even any support for subdomain emails with plesk. ie boxname@subdomain.domain.tld. I have a client that needs a default email address for each subdomin so that the box redirects to a php script for that particular subdoman. The client uses a dynamic return path and for each subdomain so it needs a default to go to. On a domain level this can be accomplished but have seen not subdomain support for emails though plesk. If I can't get this resolved I will loose the client to a vendor that offers cpanel which has an easy way to set this kind of thing up.

Thanks in Advance for any advise
    platinumdon

2. albans

albans Regular Pleskian

Actually, the only way to do so in Plesk is to create the subdomain as a full domain (when adding a new domain, don't cross the mark for "WWW" and put the whole subdomain in the domain name: sub.domain.tld).

3. platinumdon

platinumdon Guest

I was affraid of that and I only have a limited number of domains with my license right now. Thaink you for the reply
    platinumdon