• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Migrated from Cpanel: cpcalendars. and cpcontacts. subdomains created in Plesk

banknote

New Pleskian
Recently I had my hosting migrated my websites from an old VPS on Cpanel to a new, larger VPS on Plesk and what I have noticed that along with the domains (websites) extra two subdomains were created for each of my websites (domains or subdomains) and they are named:

cpcalendars.domain.com
cpcontacts.domain.com

Please take a look at the attached screenshot, so you can have a visual idea.

My hosting support does not seem to have a clue what they are and why they were created, but they say they were created automatically during migration from Cpanel to Plesk.
Is it safe to delete them, my hosting (LiquidWeb) does not have an idea. I will ask them again, perhaps a different technician will have a better idea.

Also, I have found the following article on CPANEL forums: What are cpcalendars, cpcontacts, and webdisk
In this article, at the bottom of the page they advise to use the script in order to delete these subdomains from a CPANEL, but we are on Plesk, so has anyone anidea what kind of procedure is safe to delete them and why were they transferred from Cpanel in the first place? And if some code has to be used to delete these subdomains, then how to do it as I am clueless.

Also, each of the two subdomains seems to triple the occupied space or is this just an illusion? For example the very first domain (edited for privacy and security) in my screenshot attached occupies 4508.1 MB of space and then the two subdomains CPCALENDARS and CPCONTACTS each also occupy the same amount 4508.1 MB of space. Do they really occupy this space or just reflect what the main domain occupies?

As the following Cpanel article explains: Service Subdomains Explanation - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

"Service subdomain explanation"

"Service subdomains provide access to cpsrvd over the standard http and https ports. They also provide configuration information for mail clients, as well as calendar and contacts clients. When you create a new account or create a new domain the system automatically creates service subdomains."

Are these subdomains needed in Plesk to accompany the accounts of the main domains (of the websites that were created in Cpanel and were transferred to Plesk)? I did not see them on my account in Cpanel either. Perhaps they were lurking somewhere as I was not very investigative.

Does Plesk create such service subdomains upon creation of a new fresh account on Plesk?

Any ideas, and suggestions?

Attachments

• plesk_cpcalendars.jpg
    plesk_cpcalendars.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 9
Hi there pleskians! @banknote I have the same problem. After direct migration from cpanel to plesk I got the extra calendars and contacts aliases. Can I remove them without causing any problem on my site?

Back